29: A Simple Promise

Elizabeth wondered how her life had gotten thrown so upside down

Elizabeth wondered how her life had gotten thrown so upside down. She'd lost the man she loved, gotten him back, then lost him again. She'd nearly died at the hands of a man who went on to resurrect the demon clan. And now, she was staring Death right in her cold, cold eyes.

Death had greeted her like an old, long awaiting friend. She had been patient and this moment was well worth the wait. Elizabeth had never felt such hatred emanating off of anyone before. The vile creature cornered her like an animal readying to devour its prey and licked her lips with anticipation.

"Say hello to Mael for me, 'Kay?" Death's voice held a hint of delight. Her wild purple hair billowed around her as vibrant as ever.

This was it. This was it for Princess Elizabeth of Liones. There were so many things she hadn't gotten to do yet. She hadn't even gained the courage to tell Meliodas—

No, this can't be the end. Elizabeth couldn't accept this to be her fate. She had to protect her family, her friends, her kingdom like they protected her. She had to stay alive and fight.

"You've had this coming for a loooong time. I will enjoy this more than you'll ever know." Obsidian clutched her scythe and began to swing until she was sent face-first into the dirt.

Elizabeth gasped as she watched the demon go tumbling. Was it Meliodas? She winced from the new cut on her neck, but began to smile hoping it was him. He always came to her rescue. Her wide eyes searched the skies, though there was no sign of him.

Obsidian's face went red as she sat up on her knees, gripping the grass angrily as she looked up and saw both the Fox and Boar Sins coming into view and not Meliodas as intended. "Ban!" She yelled so angrily that it shook the ground.

He laughed, waving at her. "If it isn't weird, dark and creepy."

In a flash, she took off heading straight for him. He tried to counter, but he was punched right in the stomach with such a heavy force that he coughed out blood. Obsidian's movements were lightning quick as she served blow after blow to his face and body. Ban's head whipped to and fro as he suffered at her hands. She didn't come to play games with the Sins today.

Ban was suddenly grabbed by the throat as Obsidian kept him suspended in the air. "Just what do you think you're doing?"

"Saving my friend from a crazy bitch."

"Wrong answer." Obsidian took her knife and plunged it into his stomach. She stabbed him repeatedly as he struggled in her hold. Blood slowly oozed from his wound and she held the weapon there, adoring the sensational adrenaline rush that always came with torture.

She slid the blade from his stomach, and up his abdomen, creating a long bloody gash. She stopped as she could sense the mage, Merlin creeping up behind her. Ice encased Obsidian and she dropped quickly from the weight of the element trapping her.