3 - Training

(Bakugo's POV)

"Bakugo!" The invisible one calls out to me. "You can't keep fighting like this!"

"Shut up, extra!" I yell back at her as I let out another explosion to a clone. It hurts, but I don't care.

The clone tries to kick me with its prosthetic, but I let off an explosion to dodge and punch it. It disappears and my team presses on. I don't care about them, though, I just need to take the villain down. Soy sauce face almost matches me in speed, but Subeta and Hagakure are left far behind. I maneuver around a slightly larger clone and hit it with a large right hook. I then set off a large explosion, taking it out instantly.

My hands and wrists hurt like hell, but it's fine. As long as I can beat this exercise at the top. I reach the villain and he tries kicking me. There are four other teams, but I got here first. I dodge the attack, moving behind him ad set off another explosion, just big enough to knock him down. I pin him, pulling his arms back behind him, as my team arrives on the scene. The buzzer sounds and the announcer (Present Mic) says that my team wins. Mr. Aizawa comes and starts leading us back to class to hand out our evaluations.

"Bakugo!" Hagakure complains. "You have to fight with us, not for us!"

"Yeah, you should rely on us for some things, Bakugo," Sero says.

"I can do it by myself," I growl.

"Yeah, but this was a team exercise," Subeta says. "You'll get points docked for not working with your team."

"Shut up, eye face," I shout.

"Creepy nickname," he shudders. "But really, you should care about your grades. You'll never become a proper hero like that."

I scoff and start walking faster than them. We arrive at the classroom soon after. As usual, I get a bad evaluation on the teamwork aspect, but the grade for fighting and winning the challenge more than make up for it. I get a lower score for quirk handling, though. After class, Aizawa asks Aoyama, Ojiro, Koda, Sato, Shoji, Tokoyami, and Hagakure to stay behind. Kirishima grabs my hand and takes me to the training ground.

After class, to get away from the other students, Kirishima and I train in Ground Beta. He got the ground to ourselves by asking one of the teachers. He strengthens his hardening quirk by taking bigger and bigger attacks from me. In short, we spar after class. Usually, I win. His combat skills aren't as high as mine are. He should really work on that.

My hands and wrists are still in pain from today's training exercise, so I didn't do too well. I still beat him, but it was a close call. Afterwards, he scolded me for using my quirk in such a dangerous way during the fight. Then, it's dinner time, so we go to the dorm building to eat. That's when it's easier to notice raccoon eyes isn't here. She's missing, as well.

"I think I saw Subeta talking to Mina last week," Kirishima says. "Could he be the one behind this?"

I shake my head. "He's here at dinner and was in class."

"Then what could be happening?"

"Why do you care?" I ask, laying my head on the table.

"I just... I have a bad feeling about this."

I push my tray towards him and stand up. "I'm not hungry."

I start heading to my dorm, but in Subeta's room, I hear some strange voices. More like a strange voice. Something vaguely familiar, yet I can't really pinpoint it. I'm interested, but I have to get to sleep before the hunger pains start keeping me up all night. I head to my room and lay down, going to sleep soon after.