Chapter 5

Later, I wanders around the house, still in my onesie, and I hears beautiful music outside. I go out to the back porch, and I saw Aaliyah playing a peculiar instrument as she sang a lovely song. I sat next to her, and listened to her play and sing. What a beautiful voice she had, very soft and sweet, almost like a mother singing a lullaby.

"Oh, so beautiful that was," I said after she finished.

"Oh, Sméagol," she chuckled, "I didn't even see you there."

"You have a beautiful voice, Precious."

"Thank you."

"What is that instrument you plays?"

"Oh, it's a guitar."

"A guitar?"

"Yeah. See?" She showed me her guitar, and played a few notes for me.

"Oh, it's so lovely."

"Thanks. I really love music."

"Me, too, Precious."

"It's always been my greatest passion. I love to sing and write songs and... play guitar."

"Sméagol wish he could sing," I sighed.

Aaliyah smiled. "I'm sure you can."

"No, not really."

"Well, you never know unless you try. You wanna learn? I can teach you."

"Well..." I thought about it for a moment. "Alright. I gives it a try."

"Okay. Just repeat after me." Aaliyah played a few notes on her guitar, and sang along, "La-la-la-la-la."

I repeated.

She flashed the sweetest smile. "Sméagol!" she exclaimed. "You can sing! Oh, my gosh, you have a beautiful voice!"

I smiled lovingly at her. "Awwww, you means it?!"

"Yeah, I really do! See? I knew you could do it, and you got it on your first try!"

I giggled. "Awww, so happy this makes me!"

"You wanna learn a song?"

"Oh, very much, yes, please!"

So, Aaliyah taught me my very first song, and it wasn't very hard to learn. She taught me a few more, and I learnt them quickly, too. Oh, so much fun I was having! Music! Such a wonderful thing it is, Precious! I remembers music back in Middle Earth. Hobbitses loved to sing and dance all the time.

For the next few days, we practices lots of new songs, beautiful songs Sméagol has never heard before, but songs that touched his heart very much, yes. Oh, singing was so wonderful, much more fun than chasing after the Ring... or having it for that matter.

Aaliyah told me of a wonderful tradition called karaoke. Singing your favorite songs in front of other people, oh, so much fun it sounded! I wanted to try it, so we practiced many different songs for me to choose from!

Then, one evening, we gets ready to go to a karaoke restaurant for the first time. I decides to wear another onesie with a cute little nub tail, and yes, it was a squeaky tail, too. Awww, so cute it was, and so comfy it felt, all of it—the softness of my onesie, my sweet, adorable zipper, and my precious little tail.

Aaliyah wore a lovely green flowery dress. Awwww, so precious she looked. I couldn't helps myself. I had to gives her the biggest hug. She graciously accepted it, and gave me a hug in return. Such a sweet soul she was. So lucky I felt to have her as my friend.