CH 2 THE DARK WORLD

Nero was not in the best of moods not because of any particular issue but mostly an aching pain he kept feeling along the edges of his back and no matter how many times he meditated the pain would not disappear. Such an occasion arises on the night while everyone was asleep the pain came up again and he had to get up and roam the house and upon reaching the living room realized he wasn't the only one that was awake.

"Ah master Nero", the man spoke as he adjusted his spectacles and closed his book. "Is everything alright?"

Nero was slightly surprised to see him awake and wondered if he should talk to him, he was smart enough to realize that his father and the other men weren't fond of him though he knew his father's dislike was more personal than that wouldn't faze him.

"Yeah I couldn't sleep, bad dreams", Nero answered him as he went to the table and opened the book he had been reading for so long to understand the power of his mother's lineage.

"One way or the other I'll master this even if it costs me my body", Nero stated to himself as he opened the book and got to his reading.

MORNING

Everyone was up early mostly to the luscious smell of breakfast that Amy had been preparing with the help of her daughter and niece, a fresh batch of bagels with cinnamon toast with eggs and bacon. The entire group was feasting and talking amongst themselves as they all shared in the communion though one person, in particular, was missing and was soundly sleeping upstairs.

"Jodi do you think you can go wake your father please", Amy asked the small as she nodded and teleported away.

As Jodi reached his room she was surprised to see the door slightly open as she knocked she heard him say it was open and upon entering it she saw her father was fully awake and looking outside of his window seemingly lost in his thoughts.

"Dad?" Jodi asked as he seemed not to hear her but she realized he was closely listening and seemed to be relaxing before turning to her with a smile and holding her hand tenderly.

This bit of affection was strange but welcoming for Jodi as she had never seen him this conscious of what was going on around him before. As the two reached downstairs they saw everyone invested in what seemed to be a food competition between Mo, Luke and Vic and as the three gouged as many bagels into their stomachs it was clear Vic was leading and eventually won.

"Wow that was a wipeout more than I expected", Kayira quipped.

"I feel like my insides are gonna explode", Mo groaned as Luke himself seemed too full to even make any comment

"Alright step aside boys let someone who's actually a worthy opponent take on this big tiger", Crystal commented all the while having a cocky smirk on her face.

"Care to wager a bet then?" Vic asked with his hefty voice sounding like a playful growl.

"And what would we bet on?" Crystal asked with her eyebrows raised.

"Whoever gives in to their full stomach will then decide the type of fight we have", Vic answered simply.

"Are you sure you want this fight?" Crystal asked still smirking.

"Oh just start already", Imani stated bored of the constant chit chat as the two went about devouring the food.

Amy upon seeing X brought him his container to which he nodded and went out on the front porch with her and his daughter while everyone else was in around watching the food contest between Crystal and Vic.