chapter two

☽☽☽☽☽

☾☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾☾

First year-

When the first years arrived at Hogwarts, Hagrid guided them to the Great Hall. Charlie was fascinated by the Great Hall and the way the celling was enchanted to look like the night sky. She saw four long tables filled with students of various ages. At the end of each table there was different colored banners with the houses crest embroidered on them.

Charlie looked at the table where all the professors were siting, then she saw a stubby stool in front with a big rustic brown hat. The Sorting Ceremony; the most nerve wracking thing for first year students.

She sat down on the dirty ground next to her brother, "I bet we will both get put in Gryffindor and carry on the family tradition." James whispered to his nervous sister. Charlie wanted to be in Gryffindor to be with her brother, she really did, but she secretly hoped to be in Ravenclaw. She educated herself about all the famous Ravenclaws when she was unsure what house she would hope to be in. She also matched the traits much more then Gryffindor, at least she thought. She secretly knew there was no way she could be separated from her bestfriend.

Charlie was forced out of thought when James pushed her shoulder. "Hey! what was that for?" Charlie whispered. "There are on the P's, we will be called soon." "oh." Charlie couldn't lie and say she wasn't nervous, she was. "William Phillips" McGonagall called. "Come on it will be fine. I know I always talk about Gryffindor being the best house but It will be okay if you aren't in Gryffindor. I will love you no matter what. Besides I know you will miss me if you aren't in the same house as me." James said with no worry in his voice.

Now she was certain what house she wanted to be sorted in. "Charlotte Potter" McGonagall called after a boy ran with a smile to the Hufflepuff table. Charlie got up from her seated position on the floor. She walked up to the stool, fidgeting with her hands as she sat down. McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head.

"Hmm, a Potter. Where shall I place you." The ancient hat spoke. The brown hat was on her head while she continued to fidget with the hem of her long dark robe. "I see, smart one we have here, but there is courage to." The Hat spoke. "Brave, this one is but also wise beyond her years." Charlie closed her eyes, when the Hat spoke.

"Must be..." Charlie open her eyes to see James giving her thumbs up, her eyes drifted to the Ravenclaw table, then the Gryffindor table. She saw Lily with the three boys from the train seated at the table. Her eyes were wandering when they meet a pair of familiar yet unfamiliar hazel eyes. "Remus Lupin" she thought. Charlie broke eye contact and started to blush yet again from this Lupin boy, she hated how he had such an effect on her.

"GRYFFINDOR" Charlie smiled at her brother as McGonagall pulled the old Hat off her head. She got up and went to the table sitting by Lily. There was a blonde sitting next to her. "Congrats, I'm Marlene." The blonde introduce herself. "Charlie Potter." She said with excitement, both from meeting a new friend and being sorted into Gryffindor. "James Potter" McGonagall called out. Charlie's head snapped towards her brother.

James got up and sat on the stool. McGonagall placed the Sorting hat on his head. "Another Potter I see. But I know exactly were to put this one." James had the worlds biggest grin on his face. "GRYFFINDOR!" James came running to the table and sat next to his sister while sitting across from his new friends. "I told you, you had nothing to worry about." James said while still smiling, Charlie rolled her eyes jokingly at James. "As long as we are together, we will always be okay."

☽☽☽☽☽

A/n: Sorry this was such a short chapter. I got all first year stuff done in this short chapter but I felt like it would be weird to have a time jump in middle of this chapter so I just ended it here. :)

Words: 713

☽☽☽☽☽