Chapter Four

The first day of classes, and I was already late. Was this to be the result of sleeping in the Gryffindor house? If so, then I would have to return to my own bed in the Ravenclaw house. 

I quickly woke Aifric up and hurried out of the room, rushing to my first class, which I shared with everybody, I believe. Transfiguration, with another family friend, Professor McGonagall. I was excited to see this play out. 

I knew exactly what Aifric was thinking. something along thie lines of me being like God because I already had my entire schedule memorized (which was almost the exact same as Aifric and Maeve's). Didn't she know I was an atheist?

We ran into James and Sirius on our way to class. I instantly wanted to die. I was as late as these two boys? I promise to never sleep in again, I thought. We walked in, and there was a cat on the desk. Aifric smiled, but then McGonagall changed back into a human. I knew that it was her, for several reasons. One, the cat had the same markings as Professor McGonagall, signaling that it was either a strange coincidence or that she was an Animagus. I also cheated a bit because I used to know her, a bit.

Aifric freaked- I smiled a bit at that and went to sit down and enjoy the lesson, like a good little Ravenclaw. Aifric began rubbing her mouth on the bird-- I wanted to vomit right there. I was a germaphobe, so that really bothered me. But, that was Aifric for you. There's always the one crackpot friend. 

Maeve was sitting next to Lily, and of course, I was next to Remus. It just so happened that Lily and Remus rarely sat by one another, and the seats were always open. We sat there and talked. 

"So, what's it like to be a Ravenclaw?" Remus asked. 

"I dunno, really, its pretty satisfactory. You know, I've only even known what a Ravenclaw is for about twenty eigt hours." I reminded him. He nodded. "Do you understand this?"

"Yeah, see, you just have to flick your wand like this, then like this, and then like this, and say Avis Canis."  he said, explaining the spell that turned a bird into a small dog. 

It took me a few tries, but I got it pretty quickly. Not bad for one of my first attempts at magic, ever. I got house points for that, and so did Remus and the others. Damn Aifric got ten house points for doing the same thing as us. Sometimes I wasnted to just be like --raaaar-- and kill a bunch of people. I could do it, too. One day I could just snap and become a psychopath and kill everybody. 

Luckily, I didn't want to. I liked my best friends too much.

A few classes later, it was lunch. My least favorite time of the day. I knew that come Thursday night I would be hoarding food like a deranged and starved vulture, but for now I would ditch my seat at the Ravenclaw table and eat  with the Gryffs. I sat next to Maeve and Lily, and across from the Marauders (directly in front of me being Remus, as we were talking books, as was to become the norm). 

"You know, Remus, I finally figured out why, even though I raised myself in the woods, I have such good grammar and manners. Its because I raised myself with books from the nineteenth century, which had really good grammar, and I behave the way that women were required to behave in that period because that's all I knew." I mused. Remus nodded, but then did a very quick double take in surprise. 

"You never told me you were from the woods. Or that you raised yourself. Why would you keep this from me?" he asked concernedly. I looked down.

"You never asked, I never brought it up. If you ever question my actions, think of how a girl from a classic book would act, and why she would do something in my position. It always works, Remus." I smiled. It was true.