Chapter Three

I am a wallflower. I love being a wallflower. I can do what I want, hear what I want, and nobody has to know. Thats's why I sat back at the Sorting ceremony and watched Aifric get sorted into Gryffindor, one year below me. I looked back onto my hasty Sorting with only Sirius and James in the room.

Sirius led me into a dark hallway. I don't really think that he was allowed to be here. It was dark, and creepy, and empty. The other students were off somewhere else, where exactly I was yet to know. 

He stopped at a gargoyle and tapped it, whispering a word that I didn't catch. I wish I had, It might have helped later on in the year.

Suddenly, stairs. I looked to Sirius, and heard the footsteps of James following quickly behind. I began up the stairs and the boys followed. 

I wasn't to be sorted in the "Great Hall" with the others because I was at too high of an emotional risk. The full moon being only, what, five days away? Four? left me at risk to have a breakdown, yell, and/or attack the crowd under pressure, which apparently the ceremony sure brought. So, I was able to be Sorted in my own little privacy, with only two other good friends.

I smiled as I saw Dumbledore's face. I had seen him once as a child, before I became infected, It was a nice feeling to remember such happy memories, back when happiness was taken for granted by me. 

He sat me down. "Now, Ashlyn, we're going to put this hat on your head, and it will place you in either--" Dumbedore began, but I interrupted him.

"Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, or Hufflepuff." I completed happily. He nodded his head and continued to place the old, sooty hat on my head.

"RAVEN'" it started to call, but it faltered. 

"GRYFF--" still no complete answer. James and Sirius were hanging on the edge of their seats. 

"Slytherin." Tha hat completed. It started to close itself down. Sirius and James, Sirius more prominitely, jumoed out of their seats and gave out a very manly roar, before the hat popped up once more on my head.

"No, no, that is not my answer. Lets work this out. You are not a Hufflepuff, though you are very passive and sweet and loyal, which is what Hufflepuffs are known for. The other three houses are open to you, though. Gryffindor: you are brave, and have endured much with much strength. Ravenclaw: you are kind, and have an immense thirst for knowledge. Slytherin: I think you know this. You have an evil inside you, greater than anything. It threatens to overcome you at any moment, and it would definitely stand out less in Slytherin than the other two houses. 

"But, then again, I can sense your desire not to be put in the house of Snakes. I see that you long for  a position in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw-- I also see an immense desire for friendship. Every friend that you have made has been placed in Gryffindor, but I see that you would be okay with either house. Since I see an immense hunger to know, and you come from a famliy, though disowned, noble to this house, I shall place you in RAVENCLAW."

"RAVENCLAW." the voice echoed happily in my brain.

Sirius and James, who had stopped howling in pain to listen to the hat, began whooping in celebration. 

No snakey for me.

So Aifric was in the most noble house of Gryffindor-- I was fine with that, as I remembered how James had explained that the Ravens and Lions shared a good 90% of their classes together. I celebrated: the two "a"s of our friendship triangle MAA (Maeve, Aifric, Ashlyn) was here at Hogwarts! (Don't ask, really, Maeve and Aifric came up with it).