Fire vs Ice?! (CSKvRCB)

A/n: The most requested chapter!! Most events are fictional!

-------------------------------

IPL is a very exciting tournament. With nail biting matches from day one IPL 2021 has been very enthralling so far. 

And now it was time for the clash of titans, two favorites to go head to head, CSK vs RCB. Even before the start of the tournament, people have been marking dates on their calendars for this match.  

The crazy fans of both the teams started exaggerating with terms such as 'Fire meets Ice' and 'Aggression vs Calm'. But for the players, especially the captains, was it the same?!

No, it wasn't.

Under the masks of two confident captains, there were two men very eager to meet each other. The younger one dying to throw himself in his elder brother's arms and the elder one dying to hold his favourite youngee close.

At last, Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni walked in to the middle for the toss. Virat took in the look of Mahi's face and straight away knew that something was wrong. Then he remembered, Mahi bhai's parents were COVID positive, he must be worried for them and this bio bubble is not helping.

Virat recalled how tensed bhai was when the new came. He knew he had to do something to make him feel better. 

Vi went up to him and hugged him. "They will be fine Bhai", he whispered in Mahi's ear. Mahi looked at him surprised. He had not said anything yet, but still Virat got to know. How well does his Cheeku know him?! 

After the toss, which CSK won, Virat wrapped a hand around Mahi's shoulders and side hugged him. Mahi was feeling good and relaxed with Virat around him, like always. There are very few people in his life who were capable of making him feel better just by their mere presence and Virat was certainly one of them.

Virat had, by then, started ranting to his Mahi bhai as usual, about Yuzi's crazy antics. 

"You know bhai, that Yuzi! Sab ke naak me dam krke rkha hai isne!", said Virat dramatically. 

Mahi laughed and said, "Now what did he do?"

Virat was thrilled to ignite a laugh from Mahi Bhai. "Every day, he would be like 'Mujhe top order me bhejo, main batting kr skta hu' and he has literally taken every kid of the squad under him against me", said Virat, facepalming himself. 

"Accha, vo kaise", asked Mahi, indulgently. 

"These guys have stolen my 4 bats, 5 t-shirts, two packs of my energy bars and 3 pairs of gloves till now", said Virat, thoughtfully counting on his fingers, "I'm telling you Bhai, I'll need another suitcase and kitbag, if it goes on like this"

Mahi laughed at Virat's miserable expression, and said, "Bacche hai, jaane de"

"Isiliye toh kuch nhi bolta main", said Virat, joining in the laughter. 

"Biscuit! Come on! The toss is over, we need to strategize", they heard AB calling from behind.

Not this biscuit again!, thought Mahi frowning the slightest bit.

"Oh okay! Bye Mahi bhai, see you later", said Virat, giving a quick hug to Mahi. 

"Bye Cheeku", said Mahi bhai. Virat left with AB, discussing something with him. Mahi watched them, and he couldn't help but feel a little jealous seeing AB's hand casually around Virat. 

Mahi ignored that feeling for now and went to his team. 

After the match, Virat straight away went to meet Mahi bhai before anything. Handing over his kids to AB, he sprinted off to the CSK dressing room. AB, being the nice, mature guy, didn't try to protest. After all, he was the one who was listening to Virat's rambling all the while on 'What he will do when he meets his Mahi bhai'.