My Idol! My Superhero! (CSKvsDC)

It was the night before the second match of the tournament. AND a certain new captain was extremely restless. Excitement, fear, responsibilities of a full blown IPL team which has done exceptionally well in the previous season, all of it was towering on him. And of course, he couldn't wait to meet his Mahi Bhai.

His first match as a skipper at a big stage as the IPL, and it's against his mentor, his guide, his idol, but most importantly, his elder brother, his Mahi Bhai.

To be honest, everything he knows, he has learnt from his elder brothers and now he would be playing against each one of them a rival skipper. Yes, he has Jinks Bhaiya, Ash Bhaiya and Shikhi Bhaiya with him, but still.

He has learnt something much from Mahi bhai. Being a keeper batsman, he has always stanned Mahi Bhai. How effortlessly he did the stumpings, how beautifully he took the catches, how amazingly he guided the bowlers.

And now, he will put to use every single thing that his Mahi Bhai has taught him. Gosh! Mahi bhai would be so proud!, thought Rishu all excitedly.

Suddenly, Rishu's phone rang, breaking his trance.

"Virat Bhaiya?", he said, himself and accepted the call immediately.

"Hello Virat Bhaiya", he said.

"Hey Rishu", said Virat cheerfully.

"Aren't you resting Vi Bhaiya? Your match got over right now, right? Then why are you not resting?" asked Rishu, all disappointed that his bhaiya is not resting after a match.

"Arey Rishu, thamba thamba. I am resting. I'm lying on my bed and talking to you baccha", said Virat smilingly.

"Oh then okay", said Rishu. Virat laughed at Rishu's childish innocence.

"So all set for your first match captain?", asked Virat, cheerfully.

"Well yeah, I guess", said Rishu.

"What happened kiddo?" asked Virat lovingly.

"I'm kind of nervous, Bhaiya", blurted out Rishu.

"Oh Rishu. No need to be nervous, okay? You will do great. And you have Jinks, Ash, Shikhar and Kaif bhai to assist you. You don't have to do things alone baccha", explained Virat.

"Are you sure, Bhaiya?", asked Rishu for confirmation.

"Hundred percent", said Virat, "And moreover it's Mahi bhai, you will be playing against. Handful of people get such an opportunity to play against their idol in their first game as a skipper like you are getting, Rishu. Go grab it", encouraged Virat.

"Okay bhai", said Rishu, convinced.

"Now go to sleep, tension free. And when you go into the ground tomorrow, be confident", said Virat.

"Aye aye captain", said Rishu, slightly laughing.

"Good night", said Virat, laughing and they disconnected the call.

The next day, Rishabh Pant walked in as a skipper for the first time, along side MS Dhoni. The whole country could see two generations of Indian cricket walking into the middle for the toss.

As they both shared a moment with each other, Rishu could see the pride in Math bhai's eyes.

All the best Rishu!
Thank you Mahi Bhai! Same to you!

Mahi smiled.

Rishabh won the toss and elected to bowl first.

CSK went off with a poor start having lost both their openers with only 7 runs on the board. Then Moeen Ali and Sonu anchored the innings.