I promise

Kiri sat down on the bed and hung his head down trying to take some decent breaths to stop his coughing and rested down on the bed when Recovery Girl patted his shoulder. He closed his eyes a bit painfully as the others talked and Recovery Girl explained the cause of this Hanahaki disease. Kirishima just rested on the bed, his chest and muscles contracting every once in a while as he tried to hold in those painful coughs. When he was asked to tell them who was causing his heart to ache and tell them what happened... he just couldn't tell them. "No, I'm sorry. I c-can say they a-aren't hurting me, th-they'd never hurt me. I-I'm there friend... I c-can't tell them how I feel, anyway. They th-think relationships are p-pointless and that they're only a way t-to depend on someone else s-so I'll j-just find some o-other way to get over it." Kirishima soon after speaking right away, began to cough again. Recovery's worry just increased at Kirishima's response, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to hold her tears back "t-that's what she said, the girl I treated years ago...". With her response, Sero rubbed his face in frustration and Denki was in panic as he saw Kirishima cough more blood and flower petals.

Kirishima's lungs and throat feeling like they were wrapped in thorns and his mouth filling with flower buds and flower petals which made him cough more roughly and that made more blood come up as well. He rolled over, leaning his head off the side of the bed as he coughed up the flowers and let out heavy rasped pants. When he finally found a moment to take a decent breath and speak, he said almost desperately. "Th-There's another way to f-fix this, right? P-Please tell me there's another way. I can't c-confess to them, I'm a-afraid that if I do I m-might die from the H-Hanahaki. It already h-hurts so much." He moved a hand to grab into his chest as he once again started to cough up flowers, this time the whole bloomed flower fell to the floor with some blood on the petals. Kirishima looked down at it and at this point couldn't stop himself from coughing over and over again, thinking back at the other day the things Bakugo said about relationships and how they were pointless and stupid, a waste of time... how could Kiri tell Bakugo he liked him?! He'd be shot down so fast.

"Kirishima... it's fine if you don't want to tell us, i-it doesn't matter but please just tell them." The black haired boy said, taking deep breaths as well. "Your friends are right, honey. The hanahaki desease it's painful at first but if you keep those feelings to yourself it will become lethal. Please, darling." The old lady explained with worry, looking at the whole bloomed flower the redhead coughed. "B-But isn't there another way?" Denki stuttered out, already having tears in his eyes. "Unless this other person confesses first... no. The thing that makes it lethal when you don't tell them is that you keep the doubt in your heart. Maybe if I had told them...? Maybe this and that, it's a painful reminder that makes the desease more aggressive. Kirishima, honey, if you confess then you'll get the answers your heart needs to heal" Recovery explained, wiping again the blood off his mouth and caressing his face sweetly. "Kirishima, please..." Denki begged, a tear rolling down his cheek while he tried not to imagine a world without his best friend. Kirishima battled with himself in his head as they asked once again to confess to the person and tell them who it was. Kirishima just kept shaking his head no.

How could he confess? Even if he did confess and Bakugo rejected him, how was he just supposed to move on and still be friends with him after that? He'd liked him ever since he got into UA but had only heard his true opinion on relationships in the past week or so. Even though Bakugo had told him countless times he never had time for or never wanted a relationship, Kirishima was falling for him more and more day after day till now...

"Is it... is it Bakugo?" Sero suddenly asked, blinking to shove the tears away and thinking about their recent incident. "Is it him? Oh god..." Sero rubbed his face in frustration and Denki stared at him with doubt. "Kiribro..." it made sense, the only one that saw the world that way Eijiro had explained was the explosive blond. "Hun, the case it's moving so fast. Usually it would take a couple days to create a whole bloomed flower. There's something between this person and you that hurts you even more, fix it. That'll give you a little more time to convince yourself to tell them. Because if you d-don't tell them t-then..." the lady gulped, her glossy eyes staring at the redhead.

Kirishima quickly got pulled out of his thoughts when Sero asked if it was Bakugo and he looked at him with a bit of pain in his red eyes and his coughs started to get worse. It definitely was Bakugo... "h-how am I s-supposed to tell him? How am I supposed to ch-change his mind about relationships, he's told me time and t-time again he never wants them. We'd see couples on the streets and he'd look so annoyed and disgusted by them.... h-how do I even talk to h-him without coughing up flowers and blood feeling like my lungs are c-closing in on me? It doesn't help that he's mad at m-me. Last night I r-ran into him before I went to the common a-area and h-he told me that he d-didn't need me." Kirishima groaned, squeezing onto his chest a bit harder as he rolled back onto his back and tried to get more space in his chest for proper breaths but it was so difficult.

The more he talked and thought about Bakugo and how much he hated relationships but how much Kirishima had absolutely fallen in love with him, this Hanahaki disease just got worse and hurt more and more. He looked at Recovery Girl with some painful tears in his eyes. "I-I don't wanna die yet... p-please tell me I'm n-not gonna die." He choked up another flower petal and softly closed his eyes, still holding onto his chest. He was trying desperately to get the thought of Bakugo out of his head for a moment so he could stop coughing.

By now Denki had already tears rolling down his cheeks, Sero's eyes were red and teary and Recovery was trying to find some composure. "Oh honey... it's going to be alright" she said, caressing his shoulders and Sero and Denki hugged him tightly trying to show him all the love they had. "I'm going to kill him" Sero groaned, now that he knew that Bakugo had told Kirishima he didn't needed him. "Don't cry, Kiri... please" Denki begged, nuzzling his face on Kirishima's shoulders and kinda wiping his tears off. "Maybe you can write him some letters? To explain yourself a little without speaking, at least try to fix first that problem between you two. When you're happy and getting along with him, it should go away for a little. You need him for now so the thought of him doesn't hurt as much as it's hurting at the moment" the lady said, giving Kirishima a kiss on his cheeks to relief the pain a little with her quirk. "M-Maybe you could ask Shinsou to help you talk with his new mask? You could call him and he could speak, I don't know Kiri but please listen to her" Sero said, still hugging his redhead friend. "You know... he's also hurt" the black haired spoke softly "he thinks you don't want to be with him anymore, that you got tired of him and you know he doesn't know how to express himself" Sero explained, rubbing Eijiro's back reassuringly. "We're gonna help you darling, but we can't if you don't try with us. Okay? I know it's scary but trust me, it will help." Recovery said, caressing Kirishima's hair and they all kept silent for a moment. It was a lot of stress, pain and pressure for them as well and they couldn't imagine how bad Kirishima must feel. "I'll go talk to him" Sero said, standing up and wiping his tears trying to look brave for his friend.

"It'll be okay, Kiri. I promise".

Authors note:
Liking the story so far? Please help us so other can too! Share this story, vote, keep commenting! We appreciate a lot your opinions💖