Landing & Court

It has been several monthes since I have been sailing to Persia with the royal family. I told the royal family that I am related to the King and Queen of Macendonia and they took it better than I expected. At first they were a bit suspicious that I was going to tell that I was a murder or something of that sorts. But, other than that they welcomed me with open arms. Also, Perses and I's courting is going quite well. Although there are some cultural differences I think we can get over the fact that there is that long fued in between my parents and his parents. Knowing that Perses asked me to court him was one of the most wonderful moments of my life. He reminds me so much of Apollo when we first met. He is kind, considerate, and stunning at first sight with both personality and looks. I honestly don't know if my mother would agree with Perses courting me but I know one thing for sure. I am abosolutely falling in love with Perses. I know I am only 14 years of age but I feel as if with every passing day I am with Perses I can not help but picture my life with him. He is my one and only. 

        Also, today King Xerxes told me that we would be landing today in Persia. I can't wait to see the culture and cities of Persia. I know many people in Macedonia would think me insane for thinking such thoughts but ever since I was a little girl I have always known my dream was to go to Persia and travel the world. I know several people would probably be reluctant to accept me into their society. But, I would do anything to gain the trust of the people of the court and the common people. I remember my mother always told me that I would make a great queen one day for I would be fair and just. But, at the same time not allow any tolerance for disobedience. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard somebody yell to put out the anchor. I knew now that we were close to my new home.

        I began to make my way up to the deck to see how far we were to landing and noticed that we were landing and about to get off the boat. "Ah, my royal advisor I would like to introduce you to my court right once we land if you are feeling up to the challenge, of course?" King Xerxes asked me interupting me from my thoughts. "Yes, your majesty I will be up for the challenge to meet your court and I would more than honored to meet your royal court," I replied with no hesitation what-so-ever. 

        Once the ship docked the King, his son and daughter, and I began to make our way off the ship and to our horses. But, what I noticed is that there was no horse for me. "My lady, you may ride with me if so wish to," Perses abrutly say's to me before his father can suggest I ride with somebody else. I begin to grin but hide it for I knew that this one of the way's he is showing that he cares about me. "Yes, my Prince I would be glad to ride with you," I said probably a little to fast for my taste. Perses helped me up on the horse with me riding side sattle and him riding behind me. We were escorted to the palace a whole army of soldiers with about half in front and half in the back. I felt beyond safe for the fact that I am with Perses and nothing can seem to stop the feelings that creep up on me whenever I am with him.

        But, I can't always but help and compare him to Apollo for his smile whenever he smile's lights up  a whole room with happiness like the sun on the beach. Also, he has his personality he is sweet, kind, I also hear from his father when one time I was on the boat discussing the art of healing that his son is quite the skilled healer. He also has his moments where he is arrogant and believe's that he can do anything that he doesn't know how to do. But, that is why I can't help and compare the two they are so similar. Is this some sort of sign that the Gods are sending me to say that I am destined to be with the God Apollo? I just wish my mother was here to help me through this. I know that my mother is probably worrying about me at this very moment and I can't help but do the same for her.

        I saw that we began to approach a palace. It was so magnifecent nothng like anything is Greece. It was so colorful and had odd statues that I have never seen before. Also, there were many people gathered around us to see who I was most likely. For foreigners hardly come to Persia except for trade and I imagine it must have been a shock to see a foreigner that looked nothing like a true Persian with platinum blonde hair and eyes that can pierce anybody's soul with just a look. Everybody began to dismount and Perses began to help me dismount as well. The king began to approach a spot where he could be seen by everybody and make the announcement that I am the new royal advisor. Everybody quieted down eventually when they saw the king waiting for their attention. "My people today we have to home on joyous occasion. We have conquered many land holdings and have held those land holdings steady. Also, we are here to celebrate the new royal advisor of the court Olivia of Macedonia. I would also like to announce that my son Perses and Olivia are now officially courting with my blessing of course. So let the celebrating begin," the king said with a grin on his face after he said the last sentence of his speech. 

        Everybody began to whisper about the news and clapping at the same time. I imagine that it is a schock to see a foreigner as their king's royal advisor. Which doesn't happen very often in the culture my mother once told in one of my very many lessons she taught me when I was a child. Once everybody began to dance and get over the news people began to enjoy themselves. But, I noticed people were eying me. I knew they were gossiping and spreading rumors about me I wasn't new to this so I knew that I couldn't let something as the simpleton minds of the court should not get to me. For I am the Princess of Macedonia, now Royal Advisor to the King of Persia, and Prince Perses is courting me now. I knew that life couldn't get any better than this now that I have begun my life goal. My pursuit of seeing Persia....