i need to

── 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮.
short angst for ya'll since i'm still sad about Moira Dela Torre's song "paubaya" with one of my favourite celebrity couples (now exes): JoshLia (Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto).

“Good luck, Rae...” With one last saying, the brunette smiled at her friends as they wished her luck.

Her heart pounded against her chest strongly in anticipation as some of the crew exited the room. Cold sweat formed on Rae's forehead as a lump formed on her throat, choking her and her sobs back when she entered the room.

A year and a half, filled with nothing but guilt and regret whenever she sees you and your smile, hears your melodic voice and laughs, and the absence of warm beside her every morning. It physically hurts to know that she's the reason why you two are in this situation.

She didn't protect you like she promised. She wasn't there for you when you needed her most. She didn't show and express as much as she wanted, how she loves you dearly─ and still does.

She asks herself...

Was it worth it?

And her answer will always be─ NO.

It wasn't worth it, nor will it ever be. Her boyfriend couldn't give her the same love you showered Rae with every single day. He didn't understand her as much as you did. He didn't think positively and trust her, not in the way you always do when things go wrong. His kisses are rough while yours were filled with love and passion that she craved on feeling again─ but she couldn't, because the both of you are just... friends.

Because of Corpse, the both of you are here. And there were so many things that Rae wanted to say to you, but hesitated since she doesn't want to see the broken look she caused last year.

In the room, it was just you, her, and two other cameraman.

There was no acting, you both knew that. You both needed this after what happened with Rae and her... and her current boyfriend. Even after they got together, you still love Rae as she does with you.

And it pains you to know that you'll have to let go of the person whom you promised not to.

To let go of the person you promised forever.

You have to let go of her.

Walking down the aisle, which she once dreamed of when she planned on marrying you, her breath hitched when she saw your tearful eyes, watching her as it escalated down you rosy cheeks. She knew that she has no right to wipe those away, fearing that she'll break you even more than she did when she fell in love once again, but with her ex.

But then, you smiled─ and oh god did her heart dropped as millions of emotions coursed through her body. Her heart was feeling the same heartbreak she felt last year. She wanted to just run in your arms, apologize and hopefully, get you back. But it's something that's impossible, because if you both do, then disaster will strike again.

And she fears that she may make the same mistake again and really break you.

Her footsteps echoed the dimly lit room, heart racing when she was in front of you. With tearful eyes, she rubbed both of her hands together, trying to ease her worries but it was futile.

With a heavy sigh, she swallowed down her fears and cowardice and finally said the words she begged the lord she'll say to you the moment you walked out the door with a piece of her heart with you.