6. The interrogation

Batman went down to the precinct with the cops so that he could question the Joker about this case with Talia. He figured the deranged clown wouldn't spill, but hoping for something is better then excepting nothing.
When he arrived, the police explained that Batman could question the Joker, but that the police would go in first as a good cop bad cop sort of thing. Everyone knew that the Joker wouldn't respond to the good cop, but it was standard procedure.
After some time, this fact would be proven, as not one of the cops that went in could get a single word out of the Joker. All they got was his famous laugh. "HAHAHAHA!!!" So when they finally gave up, that's when the Batman went in.
A few hours later and Batman was still unsuccessful. He had been working on the Joker for hours, but he wouldn't crack. The crazed clown refused to even lean into the light. He kept mocking Batman by saying he was the shadow squire instead of the dark knight. Batman didn't let it faze him. He knew how to keep a straight face, so he did.

"Where is Talia Al Ghul?" Batman yelled.

"She is not in her right mind, I'll tell you that." Joker laughed. "I like the gal though. She knows what she wants and then plans out a way to go and get it. More then I can say for myself. I can't even remember the last time I actually planned something out. I prefer to act on instinct. But I understand that's not in everyone's taste."

"What is she planning?" Batman became more raged and angry every second this went on.

"If she doesn't get that kid back, probably another pregnancy." Joker cackled. "Of course, if she wants him born the right way, that would include another one night stand with the big bad bat."

"Tell me what's she really planning, and you can save my fist in your face." Batman threatened.

"But why would I want to be saved from that? You punching me is sometimes the highlight of my day." The Joker laughed again. "HAHAHAHA!"

Batman was furious. He didn't even know what he could threaten him with anymore. It's not like he could get a pardon or time off. He's still the Joker.

Although Batman was still deep in thought, the Joker just kept on ranting about random things.

"And that's why I only eat papayas on a Tuesday." Joker cackled.

Batman snapped out of his thoughts for a moment to see if he could ask one more question before things got physical.

"Why did Talia have water from a Lazarus pit, and why did she leave it behind?" Batman asked sternly.

"Because. Regular water is so boring.
And she left it behind for you to find it. Duh." Joker chuckled. "Stop me if you've heard this one, a Bat walks into a bar-"

Batman had had enough of this. He reached forward and yanked the Joker into the light. But when he did, he saw that this man was not the Joker.

"Where is the real Joker?" Batman demanded.

"Picking up a present for dear Talia." The not Joker laughed.

Batman was furious and left the room. Red Robin was right when he said that this was too easy. It's because it was a set up. He informed the police that this was not the Joker, then went back to the bat cave.

"You seem rather upset, Sir." Alfred noticed.

"The Joker switched places with a fake during the fight. He got away." Bruce grumbled.

"Perhaps this might cheer you up." Alfred handed him a box wrapped up in paper. "This delivery just arrived."

"Who's it from?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know, Sir, the box is not labled." Alfred stated. Bruce stood up immediately and grabbed the box from Alfred. Hs carefully set it down on the table to examine. After a few minutes, he figured it was safe to open.

Bruce untied the ribbon and lifted the box. The sight shocked him.

"Sir, what is the problem?" Alfred asked.

Bruce handed him the box so that he could see it for himself. Alfred was just as shocked as he was.

"Sir, is... is that what I think it is?" Alfred asked.

"Yes, Alfred." Batman nodded his head.

Inside the colorfully wrapped gift box, was the broken helmet of the Red Hood.