1. Return

"Damian?" Dick asked. "Are you even listening?"

"No." Damian replied bluntly. "I have more important things to be doing at the moment then listening to whatever it is you have to say."

  "What are you doing?" Dick asked.

"Ignoring you." Damian joked, yet didn't even chuckle.

   "Well, when you're done with that, I would want to warn you that your mother is back in Gotham." Dick stated.

"What!?!?!" Damian exclaimed. "Why?"

  "We're not sure. I just thought I'd give you the head's up." Dick continued. "All we know is that she was seen five hours ago. We have no information about why she's here or where she is now."

  Damian knew his mother was dangerous. He remembered everything she taught him. But he couldn't fo through with it. He couldn't be the leader of the league of assassins. He knew his father was right in training him to become Robin. But he still cared about his mother. Even if she disowned him now.

  "What are we waiting for, Grayson?" Damian snapped. He jumped up out of his seat and went straight to the Batcave.

"Damian. Did Dick bring you up to speed?" Bruce asked. He was already down there working on what little information they had.

  "My mother is back." Damian said.

"Yes. She was spotted downtown. Alone. She hasn't made any moves, and she hasn't been seen since." Dick explained.

  "It was five hours ago. 'Hasn't been seen since' is being a little overdramatic, Grayson." Damian responded.

"Fine. But we can't find her now." Dick continued.

  Damian put on his mask and started to leave the room.

  "Where are you going?" Bruce questioned.

"Family reunion." Damian explained.

  He turned back and headed straight to Talia's last known location. He turned down a dark alley and was met by a few members of the league of assassins.

  "I already knew you were here, Mother." Damian began. "We need to talk."

  Talia walked out of the shadows. Their matching green eyes locked as she began to speak.

"Damian. I haven't seen you for awhile." She started.

  "Who's responsible for that?" Damian snapped. "You made me choose between you and my father. You were just disappointed with the results."

"Well, now I'm trying to make it up to you. Come back with me. Let me bring you up. Let me help you become what you were always meant to be. The leader of the league of assassins. My son. The Al Ghul heir." Talia explained.

  "Huh, so is that why you're back?" Damian deadpanned. "I'm flattered, but no."

"Damian. Don't make this hard." Talia threatened.

  "Hard is the only way I get a real challenge." Damian taunted.

  Talia signaled the assassins to attack Damian with the one order not to kill him. Damian took them all down without even breaking a sweat.

"I've been trained by both the league of assassins and the Batman himself. You're going to need more than a few henchmen to take me down." Damian stated.

  "I know, but I figured I might at least try it first." Talia gave another signal and dozens more assassins showed up. "Round 2?"

  Damian started fighting as hard as he could, but in the end, he was far too outnumbered. One of the assassins was able to get the jump on him from behind and restrain him. Damian tried to fight, but the other assassins joined in on holding him down.

  "You fought well, my son. But do remember. I'm your mother." Talia smirked.

  Before she could do anything else, the assassins started disappearing one by one. Finally after they were all taken down, a dark figure emerged from the shadows.

  "And I'm his father." Bruce stated, Damian standing next to him.

"I'm not here to hurt anyone, my love. I just want my son back. And if you'd be willing to join us, I wouldn't say no." Talia smiled.

  "I'm afraid we won't be able to join you, in prison." Damian stated.

"Just remember that I tried to do this the easy way," Talia purred as she walked towards Bruce and laid a hand on his back. "But if you force me to be more aggressive, I'll be more aggressive." She grabbed one of his smoke bombs and disappeared into the night.

  When the smoke cleared, Bruce and Damian both realized that she was gone.