Chapter 3: Without You

I’m lying on my bed. It’s pretty dark outside. I’m processing all the things that happened today. It’s unbelievable.

 Why me? I lose my parents when I was three, my grandmother and my older brother when I was eight and now… Jenny. But’s my fault, of course it is. I should tell her what happened. I shouldn’t tell her what I said to her. You won’t understand how much I regret it right now. I stood up. I have no body now, no body but Fiona, Patrick and Gabriel… Well maybe just Fiona.

 We know each other since last year but I consider her a sister. She was always one of those cocky girls at school… Okay I thought that, but when I discovered that her mother killed herself for not having enough money… Man, my whole thoughts on her changed. I started watching her very carefully and one day, after school I asked her… Yeah it wasn’t like the most kindly way to say it, but yeah, I wanted answers…

 She said that she lives now with her father and a step mother. Sometimes they fight; I mean big fights, not just arguing. That’s why sometimes she has bruises, she really don’t like anybody to ask her about them.

 Well you know Patrick’s story, let me tell you what happened to Gabriel.

 I discovered this a few time ago, like four months ago. He never knew his father, just like me. The thing is that nobody knows who his father is. Her mother was in a bar… drunk… and well you can figurate out what happened… Well…yeah it’s not like a big, big, big, deal, well it wasn’t four months ago. The police find his father, after five years of searching, weird right? Yeah, I know. Well his father is on jail now for murdering… I really don’t know who was murdered, but Gabriel told me that it wasn’t any relative of his. What I’m trying to say is that his family is safe and that his brother and mother are alive.

“There you are” I heard.

 I look at my door.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

 Speaking about Gabriel…

“I came to see how you’re doing?”

“Well…”

 He sat on my bed and pulled me with him. I chuckled.

“How did you open the door?”

“You’re kidding? My brother taught me”

 I tried to sit but he pulled me against the bed…again. Then he started toggling me. I laughed.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

 He smiled, which is very weird.

“I was wondering what you are going to do now…”

“When?”

“Now, right now”

“Nothing really, just stay here and…that”

“You’re not going to have dinner?”

“Not really”

 He shook his head and walk downstairs. Okay I’m just going to say this once: He’s like a big brother to me, he cares a lot. He’s fifth teen but act a bit more mature than boys at his age.

 I remember when at school everybody said that we were dating, I laughed so hard every time someone said that, it was the silliest thing ever. It took a while for my classmates to understand that we were like siblings. Gosh, people can be so stupid sometimes.

 I walked downstairs.

“What are you doing?”

“Pizza a la Gabrielle” he said doing a bad imitation of a French accent.