Chapter 2

Hiro POV:

"Hiro?... Hiro!... Hiro!" I heard Reekid shout as I slowly woke up in the foyer.

I soon realized I was covered in cuts and bruises, and my arm was swollen as hell

I soon realized I was covered in cuts and bruises, and my arm was swollen as hell. "Re-Reekid?" I asked weakly. "Hiro! You're awake!" Reekid cheered. "Y-Yeah, but... Dizzy as hell." I told him. I suddenly realized it was getting late, it was kind of dark outside, after all. "What-What time is it?" I asked Reekid. "7:30" He answered.

Our parents came down the stairs. I held onto Reekid, so I could protect him.

The following may be slightly violent for some readers. Skip ahead to the next bold text to skip it.

Dad came towards me and slapped me across the face. "THAT'S FOR NOT MAKING DINNER!" Dad screamed. I got up and stood in front of Reekid. "Don't you dare hurt Reekid! You can beat me up all you want, but I won't let you set a finger on Reekid!" I shouted. "Awww, look at you, being Reekid's little Hiro!" Mom yelled. She punched me in the stomach, making me fall down.

End of Violence

They left the foyer and went upstairs again.

Reekid helped me back up on my feet. "Thanks kiddo." I spoke up while holding my stomach. "Hiro, I can't let you keep getting hurt just to protect me!" Reekid cried. "Reekid, I know you're worried about me, but I'm more worried about you." I told him. "We gotta get out of here." Reekid told me. "I can't live with Mom and dad anymore. Can we runaway? And find somewhere else to live?" Reekid asked me sadly. As of how risky and dangerous running away might be, I knew I had to make the right decision. "Alright Reekid, but we gotta be careful." I answered. Reekid and I went upstairs to our room.

Reekid and I got our backpacks and packed everything we owned

Reekid and I got our backpacks and packed everything we owned. We really didn't have much, just clothes, a blanket for each of us, Reekid's first aid kit, and about $1000 that I stole from our parents. It's not like they were gonna notice it was gone anyway.

We got our bags packed and headed outside. It was already pretty dark out. I picked up Reekid and we headed towards the city, searching for a place to sleep.