Chapter 4

"Dear Ancestral Wolves, I come before you with Snowfall; this apprentice, for you to anoint her paws to the ways of the Healer, and give her guidance when she needs it most." Sorrel spoke.

"For her to be able to help her pack in times of need, and to learn to be one with you." Sorrel finished.

Snowfall saw a whirlwind of leaves whirl around her dancing in the wind as it blew over her.

That clearly must have meant some sort of approval from the Ancient Wolves that walked before them many moons ago, because Sorrel looked warmly at her new apprentice.

The Healer nodded to Snowfall and went to lay down at the waters edge.

Cedar went on another part of the bank on the opposite side of the pool, not visible as he was just behind the willow tree.

Snowfall then walked to the waters edge and looked down to see her reflection waving in the waters movement.

The stars and moon's reflection shown on the clear pool's waters.

She bent down and touched the cool water with her nose. Not that she necessarily had to, but just because she wanted to and felt like it.

Snowfall laid down at the waters edge just like she saw Cedar and Sorrel do and soon fell asleep.

Blinking her eyes open slowly, the white pelted apprentice suddenly found herself lying on soft lush green grass with clouds and mist floating all around her in the air.

The mist and clouds seemed to have a starry hazy look to them and were a pretty pale lavender color while a gentle breeze blew carried them around her.

It was utterly beautiful to say the least. A large meadow stretched out before her and stars danced over the bright dewy grass. As for the sky, it was it was a dark indigo mixed with a darker purple color and thousand of stars were dusted across it. Everything seemed so bright, so much more vibrant; so peaceful and still.

Such a calmness loomed around her that was indescribable to her, never had she felt so at peace. It was as though every worry and care had been lifted from her mind just being there.

Heavenly was the only word that came to Snowfall's mind to describe it. That was the only word that could ever describe it.

This has to be the Land of the Ancestors, but where are they?

She got up and began walking, slowly putting one paw in front of the other as she continued observing her new surroundings.

If this is the place where my Ancestors and I are to meet, they need to work on the 'meet' part on their end.

Snowfall though somewhat annoyed while looking around to see if she could spot any wolf and admire the place she was in. Now she had to admit though, despite being so at peace, it was starting to feel a bit eerie being alone in  this place.

Kinda weird that no wolf is here, but id it odd that I kinda like it? Okay, stop getting distracted, I need to find the Ancestor wolves.

"Hello?" Snowfall called out, her voice echoed in the desolate empty place.

No response. All was still as can be, and the only thing moving were the clouds being pushed by the gentle breeze.

"Hello?" Snowfall repeated. "Any wolf there?"

Suddenly a figure was being made out of the mist as it gathered together before her.

Snowfalls jaw dropped as the mist and clouds gathered into a shape of a wolf and slowly it fully became a wolf.