Chapter 8

Five woke up to find the door of the coffee shop detached from its hinges. There was glass all over the floor and  he winced as he felt a sharp pain in his foot.

He looked down and saw that his shoe was soaked in blood. Seeing as he couldn't walk, he blinked over to where the door was and spotted Vanya lying down at the entrance of the coffee shop.

Gasping in horror, he sat down next to her not knowing what to do. At that moment, he felt the pain in his foot subside.

"Oh, Vanya! I thought I told you to stay in the hut," he said. How long had she been out here? He thought. He touched her cheek to make sure it was still warm. To his horror, all he could feel was cold skin.

Tears fell from Five's eyes but he didn't care about stopping them. All he could think of was, why? Why? Why did I go? Why did I leave her alone?

Her brown eyes were wide open so he closed them using his tear soaked hands.

What do I do now? He thought. What do you even do with your dead sister's body? He couldn't just leave her here but he didn't want to bury her either.

What would she have wanted? Cremation? Burial? Would she even be thinking about this at the age of 13? Why was he thinking about this?

It was a bright sunny day with the birds cawing as usual but all it did was reinforce how sorrowful he felt.

He kissed her lips wondering if it would bring her to life like in the Disney princess movies. He waited a few seconds and broke down crying when he realised that there was nothing he could do.

Author's note: Hi guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter! I will be posting the finale next week! Stay tuned~