Chapter 3: Double Dutch Destinies

Author's Note: Sorry the last one's a bit too short and then i tried to make it a bit longer xD

Hope you enjoy :)

xoxoKuroNekoSama

=============================================================================

“Oh dear! I’m going to be late! And it’s the first day of school! Goddammit!” I spoke to myself while running endlessly to the school where I enrolled. And Voila! I’m here though it took me all of my stamina. Whew. I looked at the time and I have 15 more minutes to spare.

“Maybe I’ll just head straight to class.” I thought.

I entered the gates and whoa. I mean whoa! This school is gorgeous! Gorgeously big! I wonder how high is their tuition fee here? This must cost a lot!

While I was amazed with the stunning atmosphere I accidentally bumped into someone again.

“Whoops!” I said.

“Whoa there missy. You better watch where you’re going. I mean literally, the road’s not up in the sky ‘ya know.” Says the young man.

He’s kinda cute, but not my type. Ha-ha-ha.

“Please do excuse me and sorry for bumping into you.” I apologized.

“You must be new here, right? Go to the bulletin down the hall, and you’ll see the list of the students’ names and their classes.” He said.

How thoughtful of him! Maybe I can make friends with—

“Oops! I better get going little missy. I’m running late!” He said.

He’s right! 5 minutes and I’m screwed. Better get to the hall and look for my name!

To the hall, To the hall, To the hall, hall, hall, ~ I sang while skipping to the hall. Haha. Oh and there it is!

I scroll down the list and there! I belong to class 1-B! Oh goodie, it’s just here in the first floor.

I walked through the aisle on the left and there it was! The flashing sign of victory! Class 1-B!

As I opened the door, all eyes were on me. Am I not welcome? Then someone suddenly stood up.

“Oh my god! Not you!” Says… Hm..

Wait? Is that?

“Alexandra?” I uttered confusingly.

“How dare you speak of that name! You have no right to call me by that! WE ARE SO NOT CLOSE!” she said screaming.

And because of what she did, all eyes are now on us.

Oh no. My classmates my not get a good impression of me! Maybe I should just stay quiet. Yeah, maybe it’s for the best.

“Hey!” Says the girl next to her.

Oh! It’s Shyrie. I waved back at her and smiled.

“Come sit next to us.” She said.

Of course, I couldn’t back down to her offer. The atmosphere felt so tense with Alexandra gritting her teeth out of disappointment. She’s like growling or something. I’m taking a hint that she doesn’t actually want me near them.

I walked towards Shyrie and said, “Is it really okay? Your friend here seems to disagree.” I pointed out to Alexandra.

“Oh don’t mind her! She’s just shy! Right Reagan?” Shyrie said.

Who’s Reagan?

Alexandra turned her head to Shyrie looking surprised then looked back at the window.

“Fine.” She surrendered.

I’m guessing Reagan is also her name? Alexandra Reagan or Reagan Alexandra? Not bad.

“See? Now, come and take a sit here.” Shyrie said patting the chair next to her.

“Thank you.” I said and gave her a smile.

The teacher entered as soon as I took my seat.

We had a short introduction of the class, the schedule and of course the school rules.

*Ring*

“Okay class, there’s your bell. You may have your break.” The teacher said.

As soon as I stood up Shyrie took my hand and said, “You’re joining us okay?”

I was surprised at first but I eventually agreed.

We headed to the canteen and bought our snacks. I had nachos and a bottle of water. Yum Yum! Shyrie ordered a ham and cheese sandwich while Alexandra ordered a hotdog sandwich.

“So, tell us how do you think of this school?” Shyrie muttered as she took a bite of her sandwich.

“I-I was amazed at first. I didn’t expect it like this. And of course, both of you, I was surprised that you are both in my class.” I answered.

“Your CLASS? Get a life! Who would want to be at the same class as—ouch! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!” She said growling at Shyrie.

“Oh dear Reagan, try to control that attitude of yours will you?” Shyrie said pointing her sandwich at Alexandra’s nose.

“You’re not the boss of – FINE I GET YOU! GEEZ!” Alexandra said in surrender.

I’m quite confused of what’s going on now. Why is Alexandra cutting her lines? Maybe she’s scared of Shyrie? Could be.. Maybe. Haha.

“Sorry for her attitude. She’s like that to everyone. That’s why she has no friends.” Shyrie said smiling.

Oh…Kay.. So why am I joining in their table again?

It was a very tiring day. I slumped up to my bed and hugged my pillow. Shyrie and Alexandra were sure a weird couple. I spent the whole day with them normally like what students do, the difference is that Alexandra seems not to like me at all. Why not? Am I ugly? Do I smell bad? I looked at the mirror and smelled my armpits. Well, I wouldn’t call myself ugly, and pretty either. Maybe just average. And of course, I don’t smell! How could she! Thinking of it makes me furious!

*knock knock*

“Hikari, dear. It’s time for dinner.” Dad said from behind the door.

“Yes dad! I’ll be right there in a giffy!” I answered.

We ate dinner together and told exchange stories. I told him about my first day at school and he told me about the times when I was still a child and so of my family.

“Oh, I forgot to mention. You have a twin that died in the accident too..” Dad said with sad eyes.

When Dad mentioned about me having a twin, I was curious. Did she look like me? Or maybe we’re fraternal. I couldn’t ask dad about it. I’m scared of him remembering something from the accident and cry in front me again. I don’t like it when he’s sad.