Prologue

Prologue: Save Me From Love

When I was a little girl, I believed in real life fairy tales. I mean, who wouldn’t? I wanted to grow up and be like Ariel, fighting for my true love or like Cinderella, and that even though things might be rough, your true love will bring you out of it.

My mom and dad had a fairy tale love story. You could see it in their eyes as they looked at one another or in the many kisses they pampered each other with. The way my dad would stick up for my mom or keep her out of harm’s way was a sign. The way my mom used to tell me stories all about how they met and started dating was a sign. Their love was real.

I’ve even been in love before. I met him sometime in middle school. Nothing happened until high school though, but when it did, it was like magic. I saw “light and stars and rainbows”, like many people would say. He made me feel confident, happy, loved. Our love was real.

But what exactly is love?

Well, in the dictionary it states:

1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

3. Sexual passion or desire.

4. A person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

5.(Used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection)

Love is a noun. Some people fully believe in love, love at first sight or even loving your soul mate for the eternity of your life. They also think that love sets them free, it’s like their freedom. Love is like that little bird flapping over your head right now, enjoying the wind and flying to nowhere and everywhere. Sort of like my parents’ love, their love let them live.

But you want to know what I think? I think that love is like chains, it holds you back. You have no freedom in love. Truthfully, you are set up to be hurt. The other half of the human population doesn’t believe in love or they swear to themselves that they will never fall in love, and that category includes yours truly, Adrianna Ford. Death, divorce, cheating bastards, lying whores all take a toll on the so called wonderful love.

There will never be a perfect loving couple because beneath their smiles are the secrets that they don’t want to get out. I bet they go home and beat and scream the living day lights out of each other.

Now why have I swore to myself to never fall in the thing that my parents so publicly displayed and I have even experienced before? Well, something so drastic happened to my poor young heart and changed my views on everything that exists.

Simply put, the noun love does not exist. It’s just a word that everyone fantasizes about. A four lettered, one syllable, word.  And I swore to myself to never fall for a word.

I, Adrianna Ford, will never ever fall in love again. I swear.

~~~

Hi lovely people! My name is Sam and this is my new book Save Me From Sinking! Please let me know what you think down below!

My goals for this chapter (Which will hopefully be reached by next chapter):

Votes: 70

Comments: 50

Reads: 300

Please check out the trailer at the top! It would mean the world to me :)

Expect updates hopefully every other week! If you haven't already, check out my recently finished book Code Red!

It's great to be back and writing another story! Can't wait to share this one with you guys! Also, my other new book Totally Accidental will be updated soon!

This chapter is dedicated to XPureChances for making the beautiful cover!

Question (To get to know my all my lovely readers): What's your favorite color? Mine's purple!

Love each and every one of you,

Sam 

xo