Chapter 9.

Elijah had found Aurora but couldn’t kill her, she had a witch helping her.
“what did you think was going to happen? Niklaus will never forgive you.” He said as he watched her, the witch keeping him at bay.
“we’re vampires Elijah, a century from now the girl will be dead and Nik would have forgotten all about her, but I will still be here, I can wait.” She said with a smug smile, Elijah really couldn’t understand her reasoning at all.
“clearly you are an unstable woman.” He said as he tried to fight the magical barrier and get to her “Niklaus will rip your heart out before the girl even ages.” He said while subtly looking around for a weapon to use against the witch. Aurora was still rumbling on but he had tuned her out, he noted a heeled shoe laying around and in a split second he grabbed it and threw it at the witch, the heel going deep into the side of her neck. Blood started gushing out as she collapsed to her feet, trying to pull out the heel and stop the bleed. Elijah descended on her and lunged his hand into her heart ripping it out, upon dropping it he realized that Aurora had escaped.
Knowing that Klaus would not be pleased, he enlisted Marcel’s help, telling him to urge his vampires to be on the lookout for the crazy redhead, he also called Kol pleading with him to convince Davina to try a location spell, the girl still wasn’t a fan of Klaus and wouldn’t willingly help him.
“you have witches there Elijah, you don’t need Davina.” Kol pointed out
“Aurora will be on the lookout for Freya and Vincent, she will protect herself against their attacks but she wont suspect Davina, and the girl has been growing very resourceful and powerful with magic.”
“fine, I’ll try but I wont force her to do anything Elijah, we left New Orleans for a reason.” Said Kol, he and Davina were living a relatively human life and he liked the peace and quiet, the supernatural drama free life he was making for himself.
“thank you Kol, get in touch when you find something.”
.
.
A week had passed ever since Aurora disappeared and there was no single clue as to where she had gone, Caroline was anxious but tried to stay positive so she focused on the good things happening like the fact that Bonnie was able to do a few basic spells which weren’t that big or impactful but it was progress and she was excited about it.
Klaus had been moving up and down tracking down witches and vampires who ever came in contact with Aurora but nothing came of it and he was just leaving dead bodies, Caroline was getting worried about him because everyone could see that he was really on edge.
“Aurora has a lot of connections, her brother is well connected and they can hide for long. They did manage to run away from Mikeal for years.” Camille said to the girls seated in front of her in the bar. Bonnie had dragged Caroline out to help her loosen up a bit.
“and even if we found her what then? Its not like she can turn me back to being a vampire.” Caroline grabbed the shot in front of her and poured it down her throat then requested for another.
“easy there, you’re human now.” Bonnie reminded her and she groaned.
“so, what are you going to do now?” Camille asked her, she still didn’t remember anything about Aurora compelling her.
“I have to start living my life like the mortal I am now, that means career, house, family, the whole nine yards.” She said and poured another shot.
“okay am cutting you off,” said Bonnie and Camille agreed “but you’re right about living our lives, I mean my spark is a bit grown, we can go back to Whitmore, we only have a few months left so we can finish college, graduate, if I want I can come back here and learn more magic, we can get jobs and just have relatively normal lives.” She smiled at Caroline. “just because you’re human doesn’t mean your life will suck” she emphasized.
By the time they returned to the compound Caroline had sobered up a bit, she was walking to her room when she heard shuffling, the light was on in Klaus’s bedroom and the door slightly open. Caroline walked closer and quietly opened the door then stood leaning against the frame as she watched him
“you’re back early today.” She spoke and he turned to look at her, he had been returning really late. Just looking at her hurt him because with each day that passed without results he felt like he was failing her.
“had to read to Hope.” He responded, Elijah had called begging him to come home early, he used the fact that he hadn’t read to Hope in days to guilt him into returning early.
“that’s good,” she stepped inside closing the door behind her “you need to go back to normal.”
“Caroline ..” he took two steps forward “ i..”
She raised her hand to stop him.
“Aurora is gone Klaus, and even if you found her it wouldn’t change anything, she can’t turn me back” she pointed out and he looked down “I really do appreciate the effort but today I came to a decision that I should start living my life instead of wallowing, I know it’ll take some time to adjust but eventually I will and it’ll still be amazing.” She smiled at him
“of course it will, its you we’re talking about.” He said, she was now too close to him, her expression unreadable but he could hear her heart racing. Why was she nervous?.
“and because I don’t have forever anymore, I will try to cram as much fun and happiness as I could in my mortal life.” She looked up at him
“as you should..” he said, his eyes flickering to her lips then back to her eyes as Caroline put her arms on his shoulders, one going to the back of his neck as she pulled him in and captured his lips with hers. Klaus met her kiss without wavering, his hands resting on her hips as he pulled her even closer, their bodies rubbing against each other as they kissed. He lightly grazed her lower lip until she parted her lips allowing his tongue to go exploring inside. Her arms were tighter around his neck and he swiftly lifted her up, her legs going round his torso and in a flash she was being deposited on the bed. She quickly pulled off her jacket as he tossed his t-shirt to the side and before she could come to the dress he was back hovering above her, she saw a golden flash in his eyes and squeezed her legs tighter, remembering their rendezvous in the woods some time back. And as if on cue he ripped her dress off.
“hey!” she protested and he let out a small chuckle as he leaned in and started kissing her neck
“I’ll buy you another one,” he said and sucked on the skin on her neck, feeling the great urge to leave love bites all over her body, to mark her.  Low moans were escaping her mouth as she pulled on his pants, pulling them down. Oh how she wished she still had vampire strength, she would have returned the favor and ripped them off.
Klaus started kissing down her chest while his other hand swiftly pulled off her bra freeing her breasts, the nipples already hardening before he even placed his mouth there making her wiggle under him, her hand going in his head and pulling on his hair. While his mouth was on her breasts, his hand travelled down to remove her panties then started rubbing up and down her slit, occasionally flicking on her clit making her arch her head back on the pillow as encouraging murmurs escaped her mouth. Klaus hooked two fingers in her wet folds and she was a goner, the thumb rubbing on her clit just made it worse, her breathing was now coming out in gasps and she pulled him away from her breast to hungrily attack his lips.
When she feels a third finger join in she gasps releasing his lips, the thrusting pace picks up and she feels the pressure building up, just when she feels like she’s about to reach that hot spot he withdrew his fingers and she groaned in protest making him smile as he brought his fingers to her mouth, coating her lips with her juices.
“Beautiful...” he murmured as he leaned in and kissed her. Lost in the erotic kiss she didn’t even notice him swiftly pull off his boxers but only felt him thrust into her.
.
If it was up to him, they could have gone all night but he was aware of her human body so he had to meet her halfway.  He stayed up all night just watching her sleep in his arms, her breathing steady. He couldn’t help smiling to himself, he could get used to this but was Caroline staying with him for good? Would she be content with spending the rest of her human life with him?