Chapter 6

Cassiopeia awoke form a nightmare, feeling shaken. Tears gathered up in her eyes. She was in need of some serious comfort; comfort only one person could give her. She didn't want him to think her pathetic though. She was terrified. Nightmares had a big effect on Cassiopeia's life. This was a nightmare she had been having since she was a little girl. 

       It started off in a dark abyss. Speckles of light shone around her. She heard screams of pure terror all around her. Blood oozed out of the victim like rivers, slowly connecting with one another and creating a waterfall. She would never forget the look of panic on the victim's face. The victim finally said, "Heed this warning child...." with tears flowing down her unnaturally pale face, before her body crumpled up and rotted into dust particles. Maniacal laughter so scary it made the hair on Cassiopeia's back stand on end could be heard and a man's husky voice whispered, "I'll be coming for you soon.”, making her shiver ferociously. Then finally it all went eerily pitch black once more.

Cassiopeia's tears multiplied as she thought about it.

"What's the matter?" Rhys's calm voice asked her, the pity in his eyes making her burst into tears once more.

"I had a nightmare. That's all." She responded, a stoic expression plastered on her flawless face.

She didn't want to worry Rhys more than she had to.

She smiled at him tightly before breaking down into a fresh batch of tears.

Cassiopeia felt Rhys's muscular arms snake around her waist, pushing her into him.

She sobbed into his chest while he stroked her hair comfortingly.

She stopped crying after a while and rested her head in the crook of his neck.

"You probably think I'm pathetic." Cassiopeia muttered.

"Of course not. I just want to kill the person who hurt you." He reassured her.

Awwwwwww, she thought, I really do love him.

"No one hurt me." She stammered, blushing.

"Awwwwwww," he cooed, pinching her cheeks, "You look so cute when you blush."

"Stop it." Cassiopeia whined playfully, her nightmare completely forgotten.

They stared into each other’s eyes, both leaning in.

They met up in the middle for a passionate kiss.

Nothing could describe how much she loved kissing him.

She could feel electricity erupting like a volcano on her lips.

The ecstasy of it got to them both.

Every touch felt extremely hot but she enjoyed it strangely enough.

Rhys kissed down her neck until he got to her “sensitive” spot, making her moan out loud.

He smirked against her skin and sucked on it extra hard.

She moaned louder, feeling the euphoria.

Rhys chuckled before extending his pearly white canines and sinking them into Cassiopeia’s porcelain skin, marking her as his.

“You’re mine now.” He whispered in her ear huskily.

“What if I don’t want to be yours?” Cassiopeia asked teasingly.

“Feisty, I like it.” Rhys murmured softly.

He smiled endearingly, kissing her on the forehead.

“You should get some sleep.”

Cassiopeia nodded.

She dragged Rhys to the bed.

“Sleep next to me?  At least until I fall asleep?” Cassiopeia asked with an irresistible puppy-dog face.

“I can’t say no to you, can I?” Rhys Laughed.

Cassiopeia jumped into the bed eagerly, making Rhys laugh once more.

When she was comfortable, he climbed into bed slowly, wrapping his arms around her petite body.

Her dainty head positioned itself on his muscular chest.

“Rhys, will the scary man from my dream come and kill me?” She asked, cocking her head to the side cutely.

“He’d have to get through me first and let me tell you, I haven’t yet been beaten by anyone.” He consoled.

“Really?” Cassiopeia asked.

“Really, Love, really.” Rhys confirmed.

“I love you, Rhys.”

She clamped both of her hands on top of her mouth.

The words had slipped out of her mouth before she could stop them.

 What if he didn’t love her?

What if he was going to leave her because she said that?

Her fears were petty as he just smiled lovingly and said, “I love you too, ma belle.”

Cassiopeia decided to be courageous so she gave him a small peck on the lips.

“Is that all I get?” Rhys pouted.

“For now,” she whispered, “as I’m tired.”

Rhys chuckled again.

 “That’s why I love you.” He breathed.

“Good night, Rhys.” Cassiopeia yawned.

“Good night, ma belle.” Rhys replied.

That night she slept soundly in his arms, without that nightmare haunting her dreams.

That was when she realised that Rhys would protect her; always and forever...

Rhys, her knight in shining armour.