Chapter 5

Pic of Cassiopeia when she was little--------------------------------->

Cassiopeia and Prince Rhys were pushed into the nearest room so the "adults" could talk. The elders were obviously shaken, their shoulders heaving with fatigue. All Cassiopeia wanted to do was shout, "You're not the only one who is surprised you know." but her eyes were too teary for her to start an argument and she was extremely exhausted. 

She looked at Prince Rhys wearily, "I'm tired. I'll be going to bed if you don't mind."

He cleared his throat, "Be my guest."

She giggled, “How ironic, seeing as this is my family's house."

He laughed, "Touché."

Cassiopeia yawned, "Good night."

Rhys smiled, "Sweet dreams to my beautiful mate."

Cassiopeia lay down on the huge four-poster bed before her. She sighed. The feeling of serenity, pure bliss.....  She loved this room. It was hers, Alwyn and Natalia's secret room. Back when they were all young, when they were all the best of friends. Alwyn and Natalia always used to say that they'd marry each other when they were grown up. Cassiopeia knew that they probably still harboured feelings for one another. Alwyn was her mother's widowed sister's son and Natalia was her father's cousin's daughter so they were not related to eachother but were related to her. Alwyn was like a big brother to her and Natalia an annoying little sister eventhough Cassiopeia was the younger one of the two. Right now, Alwyn was twenty years of age and Natalia was eighteen. Cassiopeia suspected Rhys was eighteen too.

Oh, Rhys, She thought, what have I done to deserve you?

       She had heard of the infamous prince of the vampires before. Her grandma had told her about the leaders of all the clans. Luna, the lone wolf was the first werewolf recorded in history. Apparently, she was a very wise woman, whom one should hope to meet at least once in their life. She was still alive and was immortal. She lived in a living tomb an only came out every full moon. There were many other kinds of magical folk in the world, including sprites, dragons, elementals and mermaids.

     Sprites consisted of the likes of faeries, elves, goblins, banshees, nymphs and sirens. Dragons were rare and there were not many left these days. Most dragons lived in the mountains, minding their own businesses. Elementals were beings of great power. They could bend the forces of nature to their will. That was why the Neverus family was so powerful; there were many elemental family members. Mermaids on the other hand were very stupid creatures. They would give anyone whatever they wanted, you just had to ask.

           The head of the sprites, Queen Diaspor, was rumoured to be a very beautiful woman. She was a mix of all sprite blood types; one sixth fae, one sixth elven, one sixth goblin, one sixth banshee, one sixth nymphian and one sixth siren. She apparently spoke in riddles, showing men that woman could be clever as well. The first dragon, Ereanoire, had been killed in battle many years ago but it had been foretold in a prophecy that he would come to live once again in the magical world's great time of need. The elementals had a high group of elders, named 'The Prosperous Ones'. Elementals were extremely gentle creatures but it was said that if they were ever to see bloodshed they would turn rogue and destroy all before them. That was why you should never make an elemental angry. Cassiopeia had never seen an elemental go rogue and she dearly hoped that she never would.

Lastly, the vampires.......

    The vampires had both a royal line that was ever changing as the first vampire, Mordecai, was said tohave been killed many a year ago by vampire slayers. The next in line to rule was Rhys. As he was the future king, he needed to find his future queen or his parents would choose a queen for him. Cassiopeia suspected that his parents had chosen Natalia as his bride. That was probably why Rhys pushed her off him when she kissed him. Prince Rhys was known for being a player; never staying in a long term relationship and breaking multiple hearts. Cassiopeia vowed that she would put an end to his heart-breaking ways.

With that last thought, Cassiopeia slipped off into her dream world.

Rhys's POV

     I looked at her still body. Cassiopeia was really something. She was all I could have ever wished for in a mate; gorgeous, funny, powerful and had a 'don't care' attitude I loved. I had known her for a short time and I was already positive I loved her. My best guess is that she is purely loveable. 

    I watched my little mate as her chest heaved up and down slowly, a smile of pure bliss on her breathtaking face. I just hope that I will be the one making her smile like that in the future; our future together. 

I couldn't get her out of my mind. Her beauty; her tresses of copper, amethyst orbs, soft, porcelain skin and hourglass figure.

    I love that distinctive scent of vanilla she has. It makes my inner beast go crazy. It makes me feel like a hormonal school boy, only fourteen or fifteen years of age; makes me feel like a child in a man's body. 

She is my pier of sanity, my one and only, my mate......

At least now my parents won't push me to marry that attention-seeking, whiny, incompetent, annoying cow that goes by the name of Natalia.

She gets on my nerves so much, you would think me a different person when around her.

I am so glad that I found my mate today.

I don't know what I would do if I was married to Natalia or what my people would do either.

They would probably go mad within the short time of a week with her.

Cassiopeia will make a great queen; I just know it.

Cassiopeia, I thought, even her name makes my heart pound faster than it ever has...

Oh, I love her with all my dark, cold heart.

She has made me a changed man.

My true love, my Cassi...