Chapter 16

Derek lay in bed and stared at the woman sleeping next to him. He bit back a small laugh as a loud snore escaped her mouth and she snorted herself awake. She glanced up at him, slowly waking up.

"Were you watching me sleep?" Meredith asked him.

"Yes." He replied easily "You look cute when you sleep."

"Are you some kind of weirdo who likes to watch women sleep?" She asked, giving him a look with narrowed eyes.

He burst out laughing. "No, I only like watching you."

"Whatever, you're still creepy." She said as she buried her face back into the pillow in an effort to fall back asleep on their day off.

Derek leaned over and grabbed her around the waist and began tickling her. "Hey, watch who you're calling creepy."

She squirmed and tried to wiggle her way out of his grasp but he pulled her towards her. "Stop!" she gasped out.

"Am I still creepy?" He asked playfully.

"Uh ugh." She grunted as she tried to elbow him "No" She said finally and he pulled her against his chest and held her in a tight hug. "I hate you." She said as she relaxed in his arms.

"You know" Derek began after a few minutes of simply lying together "It's our day off today. Together."

"Hmm" she nodded sleepily from his arms.

"And that means we have the house to ourselves." He said as he leaned down to kiss her neck. She moaned a little as he continued "Want to take advantage?"

She turned to face him. "Are you suggesting we stay in bed all day?"

"Is that a bad idea?" He continued as he began kissing up her jaw.

"Nope" She said happily as she kissed him fully on his lips as her fingers crept up to tangle in his hair.

000

They finally emerged into the empty house late in the morning and made a beeline to the kitchen for some coffee. Alex and Stella had long since left for work, leaving them to enjoy the rare day off alone.

"I'm so hungry I could eat the counter." Said Meredith as she collapsed into a bar stool, dressed in a tank top and a pair of his boxers.

"Is that you asking me to make breakfast?" Derek asked her amusedly as he stared at his girlfriend chug her second cup of coffee. Girlfriend. He really liked the sound of that.

"Yes." She answered unapologetically, beaming at him.

Her smile was contagious and he couldn't help but notice one breaking out across his own face. "How do pancakes sound?" He said opening the fridge door.

"Brilliant" She murmured happily getting up and coming around the counter to wrap her arms around his waist and her head between his shoulders.

Derek leaned a little into her as he continued to look inside the fridge with critical eyes. "Ok what is wrong with you people. Do you guys not eat? This fridge is completely empty." He finally sighed.

Meredith stuck her head around his side and glanced at the fridge herself "No it's not." She said, reaching to grab a box of leftover pizza. "Besides, Alex usually cooks, blame him."

Derek slapped her arm away. "You're not eating cold pizza for breakfast. That's just...sad." He shook his head as she glared at him. "Come on, I'll take you out for breakfast."

She sighed "But then I'll have to wear clothes." she looked down at her outfit.

"Come on, I'll even join you in the shower." He said suggestively as he pulled her with him in the direction of the stirs. She hesitated for a moment before following him happily.