Goodbye

It was the day of the third task.

I had to admit, I was quite nervous for Cedric.

I shouldn't be though, right?

Yeah, he'd be fine...He'd be just fine.

"Hey Ced wait up!" I call after him before he leaves.

"Yeah?" He turns to me.

"Good luck with the task, I'm sure you'll do exceptionally" I smile at him.

"Well look at that, little y/n has learned some big girl words" he jokes.

I stare at him blankly for a moment.

"I was just trying to motivate you" I mutter.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. Thank you, I'm actually a nervous wreck" He admits.

"You'll do just fine. And when you get back with that cup in your hand, I'll be right there in the stands cheering" I reassure him.

"Sure you won't be to busy snogging Weasley?" He teases.

"Oh shut up!" I punch his arm.

"Sorry, sorry, I have to go now" he gives me a weak smile.

"I'll see you soon, ok?" I try to calm his nerves.

"Yeah, see you soon"

I pull him into a hug and I can hear how shaky his breath is. He wasn't kidding about being a nervous wreck.

"Now go on, don't want to be late" I advise.

"Yeah, thanks" he begins to walk away then gives me a half smile and wave.

I try and give him an enthusiastic smile back so he doesn't feel as uneasy. I don't know if it would be too much help, but it was something.

I walk to the task with Maggie and Charlotte and meet George and Fred there.

We find seats all together, I sit in between George and Maggie, Fred sits next to George and Charlotte sits next to him.

"So Charlotte, what's this I've heard of you and that Ravenclaw boy...what's his name?" Fred asks with a smirk.

"Oh shut it Weasley. Besides him and I are over, it worked in the beginning but...whatever I don't need to explain this to you" Charlotte mutters.

"I didn't ask you to, just asked a question" Fred shrugs.

Charlotte rolls her eyes, crosses her arms and slumps into her seat.

"Hey look the task is about to start!" Maggie declares.

Cedric was down there talking to his dad and the other champions were talking to loved ones as well.

Then the task begins. The champions go in at different times and once they all are in, chatter begins to spark in the stands.

Though I find it hard to converse since I'm a fidgety mess.

                                                           George's POV

I can tell y/n is nervous because her leg begins bouncing and she starts biting her nails.

I have to do something to get her mind off the task...but what?

"Hey, you wanna play a game?" I suggest.

"Hmm?" She hums and turns to me.

"Like...let's see how many times Parkinson touches Malfoy's arm without him getting the hint" I propose.