{1} 𝔑𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔦𝔩

𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕯𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘:

Mellon: {Sindarin for} Friend

Ellon: {Sindarin for} Male elf

Istari: A small group of powerful wizards sent to Middle Earth to guide it away from destruction. (ex. Gandalf the Grey, Radagast the Brown, and Saruman the Wise)

Mirkwood: A elven woodland realm. It previously went by the name of Greenwood before the darkness settled in. (ex. King Thranduil and Prince Legolas)

Rivendell: Another elven kingdom, also goes by the name of Imladris and Hidden Valley. (ex. Lord Elrond and his daughter, Lady Arwen)

Lórien/Lothlórien: Oftentimes considered the most important elven kingdom and is home to the highest elves. (ex. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn)

Clearing of Council: Secluded forest clearing of which the White Council meets in Lothlórien. This was created by me.

White Council: It currently consists of Lady Galadriel, Lord Elrond, Saruman the Wise, and Gandalf the Grey, and occasionally Radagast the Brown). They discuss the most demanding matters of Middle Earth.

Siniath: An elf I created. He's a messenger of Lothlórien. His name is Sindarin for "news/tidings".

Ithilóth: A species of flower I created. A picture representing what I have pictured it to be is available at the top of the chapter. It's name is Sindarin for "Moon Flower". They are white in daylight, and glow in moonlight. They are extremely useful in Elvish medicine.

Orcs/Goblins/Overgrown Spiders: These are all evil, kinda stupid monsters.

Elvish appears in bold and italics.

{1} Nomination of the White Council

•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•

"I was done being left on the shelf...

I wanted a story to tell."

•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•

    Freedom can be a convoluted concept, especially for those who have never fully experienced it.

    Legolas Thranduillion, prince and sole heir to the elven kingdom of Mirkwood, had finally accepted the fact that he belonged to this category. In his millenniums of living, the ellon had sought out the one thing he truly desired—the one thing he always fell short of obtaining.

    For years, his father's commands and the loyalty Legolas felt that he owed his king had kept him restrained within the confines of Mirkwood. The small, nagging feeling Thranduil had planted in his son urged Legolas to live conscionably, which, in his eyes, was to offer his servitude to his birthplace eternally.

    When his life had encountered a drastic transformation, Legolas foolishly believed that he had finally caught his dreams. The events that had unfolded with the dwarves of Erebor had convinced the Woodland elf to wander beyond the constraints of Mirkwood, which he remained doing for nearly half a century.

    Though, as time wore on, a deeper understanding of freedom and life unraveled before the prince. He still felt binded to his upcoming duties as an elven heir, and never could bring himself to venturing too far away from Mirkwood. His days were spent slaying onslaughts of orcs, goblins, and abnormally sized spiders.