Chapter 6: Sports Festival?

Iida runs into the classroom, chopping his hands in the air. "EVERYONE!! MORNING HOMEROOM'S ABOUT TO BEGIN. TO YOUR SEATS!!" Sero points at him, "You're the only one not in your seat!" Iida looks down dejected until he looks around, noticing someone missing. "Wait, where's Yasuda-san?" He asks, the class looks around at each other, noticing that the class sunshine is indeed missing, that is until she walks into the room sloppily dressed. Her braid is loose and lazy and her tie is undone. She yawns, plopping down at her desk, "Sorry I'm *yawn* late..." not even a second later she's asleep. Shimizu, Asui, Midoriya, and Mineta give each other a worried look. "Poor Yasuda..." Shimizu taps her shoulder, the girl jolts up, "I'M AWAKE!" She yells, looking around she scratches the back of her head with a sheepish smile on her face, "Sorry guys, I didn't get much sleep last night... Or the night before... Or the night before that... Me and Shinsou were watching horror movies." Shimizu makes an 'o' shape with his mouth.

Iida chops his arms in the air, "THAT IS EXTREMELY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR YASUDA-SAN, YOU ARE A HERO IN-TRAINING AND NEED TO GET THE RECOMMENDED EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP EACH NIGHT!" Runa chuckles quietly, "Sorry Iida, I'll try to get more sleep tonight..." Iida pushes his glasses up, "VERY WELL." Iida sits down. Aizawa walks into the room wrapped in bandages. "Morning." The class goes crazy "YOU'RE BACK ALREADY SENSEI?!"

Aizawa hobbles over to the front of the board. Iida's arm shoots up, "GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE DOING WELL SENSEI!!" Uraraka sweatdrops, bringing her hand up in front of her mouth. "If you can call that 'doing well'." Aizawa looks up, "My welfare isn't important, because your fight isn't over." Panicked thoughts run through the minds of the students. "Our fight?" Bakugou questions, Midoriya's eyes widen, "Don't tell me..." Mineta sinks further into his seat, "More villains?!" He yells, hand on his head. "U.A.'s sports festival is approaching." Aizawa states blandly.

"THAT'S TOTALLY ORDINARY!!"

"C'mon we just had a villain attack, are you sure about this?!" Someone questions. Aizawa's eyes scan the class from behind his bandages. "It's necessary. To demonstrate that U.A.'s crisis protocols are sound... That's the thinking apparently." He takes a breath before continuing. "Compared to past years, there'll be five times the police presence. Anyhow, our sports festival is... The greatest opportunity you'll get." The class begins to mutter amongst themselves, "It's not an event that can be cancelled over a few villains-" Aizawa stops, staring at Runa who's once again sound asleep on her desk. He rubs his temples, "Yasuda! This is not the time for sleeping!"  Runa sits up quickly, "Sorry sir! It won't happen again..." She mutters the last part softly. 

"Now if I can continue, our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events! The Olympics were once the world's sports festival. The whole country would be whipped into a frenzy over them. But as you know, that tradition has shrunk in scale to a shell of its former self. And as far as Japan's concerned what's taken the place of the Olympics is... The U.A. sports festival!!" 

Mineta turns to Momo, "The nation's top heroes will all be watching right?" Momo nods, "They'll be there as scouts!" Runa drowns out the rest of the conservation that buzz throughout the classroom. Runa goes to lay her head back down, but Shimizu stops her. "Yasuda-san... You can't sleep in class.." He mumbles just loud enough for her to hear. She smiles sleepily, "Alright..."

---

Once the lunch bell rings, Runa and Shimizu walk to their usual table, however, much to Shimizu's confusion, the girl sits next to Shinsou instead of him. She rests her forehead on his shoulder. "Hi, Shinsou." The boy pats her head, "You didn't sleep last night, did you?" He asks, a lazy smirk on his face. She shakes her head, making Shinsou chuckle, "I'll go buy you a cappuccino. Go back to your seat." Runa shakes her head, "I'll go buy it... I don't want you to have to wait in line." Before the boy can object, Runa is already heading to the lunch line.