Sally: Part 25

Part 25

He pounded his fists on the tree beside him.  She was never alone.  Always – always! – that redneck cowpoke was near her.  He'd done everything he could think of, but that Wilson guy never let her out of his sight.

Peter snarled and turned away.  He was getting desperate, and he had never been a patient man.  Since seeing Sally last week, all he could think about was her.  She looked...beautiful.  Glowing and indescribably seductive.  She'd never been one to stand out in a crowd based on her looks, but now she seemed to have grown into herself.  The full-grown, innocent girl he met over twelve years ago had turned into a mature, sexy woman.

And he wanted her.  He wanted her bad.

But someone stood in his way.  Sally had belonged to him once before.  He could get her again.  He'd been a fool to not marry her, because now, she would be his and that inbred hat-rack wouldn't be oiling her saddle.

At first he had his doubts about Sally and Wilson's relationship.  While watching them in the store that night, something seemed off, and when he visited Mike at the RV lot and saw Sally's old camping trailer being gutted and restored, he asked Mike about it.

“She traded it in a couple of days ago...needed something for her new farmhand to live in...Wilson, I think his name was...nice guy.  Quiet, though.”

Her new farmhand.  But Peter discovered firsthand that there was more going on than that.  He'd seen them.  From his vantage point in the towering, old Magnolia tree out by the entrance of Sally's drive, he could see most of the home and yard area.  With his binoculars, he could see nearly to the fields and river.  And he'd seen Sally and Wilson have sex more times than he could count.  He even witnessed the way Sally dropped to her knees and serviced the cowboy while standing up against the side of the house.

Peter's groin tightened.  She'd always been great at that part of sex.  He could remember how her lips felt around him, and pure, selfish regret caused him scowl.

Somehow, he had to get Wilson away from Sally.  Several times this week, he tried to call the house, just to hear her voice, but that man always answered.  Then yesterday, he noticed that Wilson left for a few hours, and Peter almost went to see her.  But when he peeked into a lower window and spied her scowling and muttering while she tore apart a rifle in a room that looked like an armory for the United States Marine Corp, he decided against it.  He'd rather wait until she was in a better mood.

Peter climbed down from the tree and trekked across a neighboring field to where he parked his convertible.  There had to be a way to get Wilson away from Sally.  But first, he needed to find out who the man was and where he came from.

Being a parole officer that worked closely with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department, Peter had access to several data bases.  He'll find out who this Wilson person was and what to use against him.

*****

Monday, October 25, 2010.

Wilson made love to Sally, slowly and fervently, the next Monday morning before he set off for Missouri.  He kissed her good-bye as he dressed.  He kissed her good-bye as she walked him out to his truck.  He kissed her good-bye as he loaded up a duffel bag of clothes.  He kissed her good-bye as he started up the engine to drive away from her.

He got halfway down the drive before he came to a dead stop.  In his rear view mirror, he saw her watching him leave, and it killed him.  He cut off the engine, ran back to her, picked her up and carried her to the nearest building, which happened to be his camper.  There he made love to her again.