Chapter Six

SPENCER'S P.O.V.

Britain helped me clean up all the left over pantyhose littering my yard. She smiled as she came up and leaned into my chest. "Thanks, Reid. That's the most fun I've had in a long time."

I hugged her. "Thanks for giving me someone to have fun with."

She brushed some flour off my face and kissed my cheek. "This has been a pretty great day."

"How about we go grab some lunch?" She looked down at her clothes. "Well, we'll shower first. You can wear some of my clothes and I'll wash yours."

So, here I was washing Britain's clothes. She came into the laundry room towel drying her hair. She was wearing my only pair of sweatpants and an old Virginia shirt. My sweatpants were tucked into her hightop Converse. Normally, it would have looked stupid, but on her it looked quite... wow.

"Everything okay?" She asked.

"Ye-yeah. You look... um... well.. very nice."

Britain laughed. "Go take a shower, nerd boy."

I'm pretty sure the term 'nerd boy' would have usually offended me, but I'm also pretty sure I didn't mind her saying it.

The entire time I was in the shower, I couldn't stop thinking about Britain. Her laugh, when she kissed my cheek, the way she looked in my clothes.

I dried off and pulled on my only pair of Kahki pants and I tucked my black FBI shirt into it. I attached my gun and holster to my waistband. I shoved my badge into my back pocket and grabbed my wallet.

Britain was curled up in my favorite recliner reading Hamlet. I watched as her eyes scanned each page. She bit on her bottom lip as she read. It was quite... cute.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." Britain stood and put the book back on the shelf. She stretched, my shirt revealing a strip of her toned stomach. She caught me staring and punched my arm. "Quit looking." She said with a laugh.

"There's a café around the block. Does that sound okay?"

"It sounds wonderful."

I opened the door and held it for Britain. She laughed and stepped through into the Autumn air. Her hair blew around, twisting and turning. I shut and locked the door behind us. "Alright. Let's go."

Britain hooked her arm with mine and leaned against my shoulder as we walked. She told me how she was training to be a BAU agent. She said that she was only a month away from it before she got kidnapped. She talked about her pets and I promised her I'd take her to see them after lunch. She was like a little ray of sunshine, always happy.

We made it to the café and I held the door for her. She ducked under my arm. "Oh, it's so homey."

"Sir, weapons are not permitted here."

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid of the FBI." I showed her my badge. She shrugged as if to say whatever and seated Britain and I. As we looked over the menu, Britain tangled her legs with mine. "How did you and Morgan meet?"

"We met in the BAU."

"Aww... No super secret past?"

"Nope."

She scowled and raised an eyebrow but she didn't probe any further. "Any secret lovers?"

"Tons." I said with a chuckle.

"Seriously." She said. "I want to make sure I don't have any competition."

I looked over at her and arched an eyebrow.

"What?" She asked innocently.

The waitress came over. "What do you want?"

Britain ordered grilled cheese and tomato soup and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and Italian potatoes. The waitress took our orders back to the kitchen. Britain gestured to my FBI attire. "How long have you been there?"

"A few years."

"Do you enjoy it?"

"To an extent, yes. Why are you interrogating me?"

Britain laughed and leaned her elbows on the table, leaning closer to me. "Want to hear a secret?" I mimicked her actions and leaned foward on my elbows. "Sure."

"I think you're kind of cute. That's why I'm interrogating you."