27. I was a sister

Chapter 27 : I was a sister

Letting out a squeal, I fell to the floor. This horrendous picture in front of me...no it was real. This was actually happening. I heard Colton call after me. But I couldn't hear him clearly. All I could hear was the running water of the bathtub Cassaddee's in...and Ed Sheeran shouting 'Love me!'.

With my shivering hand covering my mouth, I couldn't stand up or do anything for that matter. I was frozen. It was like I was dead...as lifeless as...Cassaddee. I was sitting on my heel as I sob freely. I crawled over to her, not minding the wet and pink-colored water-filled floor. 

"Cassaddee? Please wake up." My shivering voice croaked. I grabbed her arm that was covered with deep cuts that blood had spurted out of it; hence, the bloody floor. "Wake up, dear. I'm sorry, Cassaddee...wake up please!"

"What happened? Are you o-?" Colton came inside the room and noticed Cassaddee. I saw it. The shock. The pain. The horror. The love. He was frozen too but within seconds, he ran towards us and picked her up. 

I pushed myself up even though I myself was weak but I needed to be there. I needed to know if Cassaddee's okay...I needed to be there for Colton...for Milo...for Karen...and especially for Meredith. When Milo saw his sister limply laying on Colton's arms, I rushed to him and hugged him. He cried almost instantly. Karen too. 

"What happened?" Karen panicked. 

"Get in the car." Colton sternly ordered each one of us. I picked up Milo, shocking myself that I could even do that. He was hugging me tightly like he wouldn't want any air inside of my body but I didn't care. I wasn't Candace nor Constance back then...I was a sister. The very role I've wanted to become. 

"Everything's fine, Milo. Don't cry. Cassaddee's just sleeping." I whispered to him, trying to calm him down. Brooke was the one who's driving and Colton with Cassaddee on his arms was with me at the back. 

"Is she? Is she gonna die?" Milo squeaked and looked at me after sobbing and planting his head on my neck. He was looking at me with that innocent and pained eyes I couldn't say anythingI didn't know what to say

"No no. Of course not, dear. We won't make that happen right?" I asked shivering in terror with that question...what if it's a bit too late? What if she's already...dead?

Milo shook his head and grabbed his sister's hand, the one without the wounds and held unto it all the way to the nearest hospital. I was about to faint when I glanced back at Cassaddee. I wasn't scared at her wounds...I was scared of what might happen to her. 

I look at Colton's face which was bowed down and blank. I felt sorry for him...he was so scared, I saw it. It was like his walls were broken and then Cassaddee's...accident came rushing towards him. No one expected this would happen. And I bet not even God

"Colton..?" I squeaked and placed a hand on his cheek to face me but he just looked away without uttering anything. Before I could say another word, the car stopped abruptly and everyone rushed out the car. Two male nurses on their white uniforms rushed to Colton as they called a stretcher for Cassaddee to lay at. We walked quickly, following Cassaddee's stretcher towards the emergency room and like any other movie... we were asked to wait outside. 

With me carrying Milo and crying my heart out, I was frantically looking at the door each time someone goes out or comes in that room. I (alongside Karen) was sitting on the set of chairs near the emergency room with the asleep Milo hugging me tightly. Brooke was hugging Colton whilst they're standing up across me. They were mumbling to each other but I was so tired, shocked, and numb to listen and to even care about the things they're talking about.