Chapter 2

Therapy never helps.

My family care doctor had referred me to Dr. Lynn Munder after a nasty scrap with my parents caused me to pass out on my way to school. Several of the cuts looked self inflected enough for my parents to agree with the decision of therapy.

Dr. Munder started our first session by meeting my parents. I did not believe they had it in then to act like concerned parents, though I hoped Dr.Munder had seen through the ruse. However, when it was my turn I could not bring myself to tell her what had actually happened. Fear spread through my body until I was in self preservation mode.

"Jilly, I want to help you. Please tell me what is causing you to be self destructive? You can talk to me. This is a safe environment."

I wanted to believe her, but there was a gnawing in the back of my mind that told me to stay quiet. And so I did.

The sessions became a regular weekly basis. Some times I would talk about school, the way people would avoid me, whisper behind my back, even the rumors that said I was in a gang.

"And are you in a gang?"

I shook my head in response. "N-no... I.."

Lie to her.

A dark voice told me from the crevices of my mind. My eyes widened for a moment as I stared at the ground. "I just fall a lot... I'm clumsy."

I glanced up at Dr. Munder for a moment and saw she looked less then convinced. I clenched my hands tightly together until my knuckles were white.

Relax.

I tried to do as the voice said. "Jilly... we're done for today, I want to see you next week same time. If anything changes before then you can call me."

I nodded, grabbing my bag. "O-okay.." I rushed out of the room, not bothering to stop at the receptionist desk. Once I was outside I started to relax. I quickly checked my phone, a message flashing across the screen.

-GET YOUR ASS HOME-

I sobbed dryly, slowly making my way home. That was the second time I saw him. I had nearly made it home, and he was across the street watching me. His eyes held me in their deep emerald green. He looked sad, perhaps even scared. I wanted to say hello, to go up to him and ask what his name was. However I had to remind myself he was not real.

And so every day up to my next appointment I saw him standing across the street. No one ever seemed to pay him any mind, thus furthering my explanation of him not being real. When at last my appointment came I could not help but tell Dr. Munder about the strange things I saw.

"Jilly, I would like to run some tests just to see what maybe happening. Do I have your permission?"

"Yes yes please... if it means I don't have to see them anymore just do it." I was sure that from her stand point it seemed as if I were scared, and even crazy. But I was not. It was the thought of more problems at home that scared me.

The tests were long and tedious, less than half were computerized, while the rest had me looking at various shapes and explaining what I saw.

"Alright Jilly, from what I've gathered you maybe suffering from a stress break down. I'm going to prescribe you something that should help with tell visions." Munder scribbled something on a piece of paper. "Take this down to the pharmacy, and follow the directions starting tonight. Give it a week to take full effect okay?"

I took the prescription and nodded.

"Ok..."