Dreams and Visions of a Different Future

Disclaimer: The following characters are not mine as much as I wish they were.

-------------------------------------------------

Dreams and Visions of a Different Future

-------------------------------------------------

It's been close to a decade since they stopped Shaw and the school Charles founded with Eric is starting to take off. They have already hired different "gifted" individuals to teach. They also started inviting "special" students to attend, some students' tuition fees are paid for while there are those who are under scholarships. They also have the support of some private institutions, under the guise that the school is merely "that", a school for the gifted. Charles, at Eric's behest erased whatever memories Moira McTaggert has of mutants in order to protect their identities. Eric married Gabrielle Haller, they soon found themselves to parents to a "gifted" son whom they named David Lehnsherr*. Charles had not wanted to marry Kelly for a while given her age, he already felt that he was taking advantage of her youth but soon found themselves parents to a daughter they would name Jean*. Eric jokingly told Charles, that their kids ought to make a match of it in the future. Because of these circumstances, Charles finally asked Kelly to marry him. She was initially hesitant given that she also has aspirations to continue her graduate studies. But they did get married, in a small ceremony with only the original team who were there to stop Shaw. Kelly, with Charles' support, studied and gained two PhDs some years down the road. She, however, wants to attend the prestigious S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology, which is a graduate school under the umbrella of S.H.I.E.L.D.. The rest of the mutants present during their first few years are also moving along. Most chose to remain at the Xavier School for the Gifted, taking up posts and helping train young mutants, in order to prepare them for their future. Howard Stark, who signed a non-disclosure agreement, studies Azazel's "method" of teleportation in hopes of creating a more advanced way of travel. Hank McCoy, more or less used to his "blue" situation, is teaching at Xavier School, he is currently dating Raven.

-------------------------------------------------

Charles woke up with a start, cold sweat drenching his face and body. Beside him, Kelly stirred but did not wake up. He found himself checking his legs, running his hands on these as irrational as his dream was. He dreamed that he was paraplegic, that he was bound to a wheel chair after the bullet Moira shot went up his spine. Somehow, somewhere, this felt like a reality that unraveled. He also dreamed that he was alone, that Eric, Raven and the others left. That Kelly was not there to turn to and help him get over his fears. Those who remained also left to fight in a war. Perhaps it is the fear of being alone or even the future of his people, Eric is right, there would always be people biased against them. Maybe that's what triggered these fears and uncertainties. But he has other worries.

He watched Kelly stir for a while before he went back in the covers. In the months after she woke, he'd been unsure whether or not she'll pull through given the injuries to her head but she managed to recover. After she woke, he had been unsure whether Eric and the others would stay but Eric remained true to his word and stayed. Angel had been too uncomfortable around the others to continue to remain, so she left. But the rest of Shaw's henchmen stayed, unsure as they are of what will happen to them now that their boss is gone.

He could feel the people who are still awake within the manor, everyone seems calm, except for Gabrielle who is rushing to finish the paper she's writing with Eric. Everyone else is either asleep or lounging peacefully for the night. He mentally checked on his young daughter, Jean, who is peacefully asleep. No, dreams of destruction rousing her from a peaceful night, her other persona so far is not disrupting her sleep. But that is not the case for her father. He tossed and turned for a while before finally getting out of the covers. He realized what's wrong as he watched his wife sleep peacefully. She's about to leave.

No, of course, she's not leaving him. Rather, she's going to go to a S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology and continue her research there. He knew it would only be for a year, and Washington is not really that far off, but he'll really miss her. He gently kissed her forehead and held her sleeping form. He won't hold her back and he wants her to achieve her dreams.

-------------------------------------------------

Kelly had been studying at Sci-Tech for a few months now. Her studies had been going on swimmingly and she had been thriving in it's environment of research and a bit of competition in the relevance of their studies. All of that is to change when she and some of her friends discovered the body of a dead batch mate lying face down in the cafeteria.

-------------------------------------------------

"My name is Agent Coulson and I represent S.H.I.E.L.D., which stands for." Said the agent who represents S.H.I.E.L.D., the parent institution of Sci-Tech. "Yea, we know, we've been hearing what it stands for, but we need the names." The man, Kelly came to know as Agent Dinozzo insisted. "Of course we will help you, however, I cannot divulge the nature of Dr. Ross' studies nor those of the other students' as it goes against the policies of this institution." The agent insisted before turning away. Knowing that they have nothing more to do here, both Tony and Ziva decided to leave. But before they left, Agent David noticed one of the students who first found the body of Dr. Ross, there was something so familiar with her face that she felt she saw her before but just couldn't place her.

-------------------------------------------------

"So, we have the DNA samples off the students, staff and faculty of the Academy, I know we'll match the DNA off Ross' nails. Since it's a small school, I guess we'll be done in no time. Although, we did found something quite interesting." Abby told Gibbs. Gibbs did not say a word as usual but practically urged her to continue. "When McGee hacked into their servers he figured out that Ross had been hacking into another student's computer and had been copying that student's files." Gibbs nodded. "But McGee couldn't really understand it since it was all biochem and stuff, so I checked the files Ross was copying off that student's computer, it contained a research on a rare gene, which according to this student's research could contain the cure for most types of cancers." Abby continued. Gibbs nodded. "That's motive." He answered. "Yes, so I placed that student's DNA to be matched first." Abby continued. "And..." Gibbs replied. "It would probably take a 10 more hours or so." Abby answered. Gibbs nodded. "Just call me when you've got something Abs..." He answered before he went off.

A/N: David Haller (Legion) from the original X-Men universe is the son of Holocaust victim, Gabrielle Haller and Prof. Charles Xavier. For this story, I made him the son of Magneto, instead. Jean, is Jean Grey, except in this one, she's Jean Xavier, the daughter of Charles and Kelly, which in a way makes a lot of sense.