Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"You metahumans drive me crazy," Dr. Whoo says exasperated as he sees Avi is magically back to normal. Hadley and Alexander are also on the up and up because of the experimental procedures they used to stop their muscles from atrophying. He gives me an amused smile before glancing at my legs and seeing the red marks are almost gone. I am assuming he helped handle that mess

"I know, Dr. Hayes couldn't stand us as children," I joke and that makes him laugh as he reviews Hadley's chart.

"And he is one of you, have you ever thought about donating your blood to science?" He asks curiously and Avi gives me a curious look.

"Do you think it would be useful? There hasn't been much experimentation or research into metahumans, well anything legal of course," I say thinking about how where Faith came from.

"I am surprised Voyager isn't trying to pioneer that," Dr. Whoo says thoughtfully and Hadley gives me a big grin.

"We were purchasing a bio-medical firm but it fell through. It also might be a little suspicion considering our night jobs," I say as I text Camila back letting her know that Avi is doing better.

"Ah right, you don't want the whole world to know that practically all of the Mavericks work in one building," Dr. Whoo says with a snort and I laugh.

"Are we good to be released doc?" Alexander asks curiously. He has taken a few laps around the floor and is overall pretty weak, but compared to a normal human he'll be just fine.

"Sure. You all know the drill, any relapsing symptoms, sudden weight loss, loss of vision, extreme tiredness, lack of mental stability; you bring yourselves right back. Your blood work looks fine, you are all up and moving, your brain waves have stabilized and everyone's heart except for Hadley's is perfect," he rattles off and I look at my sister.

"My blood pressure is a little high right now," she says sheepishly and I make a motion of having my eyes on her. I will not hesitate to drag her back here.

"On the bright side, my hair is long enough to be pulled back again!" She says and she grins at me.

"Cathleen your legs. Have they been checked out again?" Dr. Whoo asks and I swing one up in the air.

"I don't even know who healed me this time," I say seriously and he types in his tablet for a few moments. He isn't even fazed by our behavior; I need to donate money to this hospital again. Texting Lyle about it, he sets everything up for me out of my joint account with Xander.

"Dr. Akeno," he says and I nod. I will send him a new succulent for his office when I get a moment.

"You are all free, I am assuming you will all just disappear in a puff of smoke so I won't bother to ask if you want wheelchairs," he says with a sarcastic grin and I give him a big smile. Dr. Whoo has been fantastic since Dr. Hayes retired, he puts up with our bullshit and always makes fun of us in the process. It takes a certain kind of person to treat a group of metahumans, especially one as tight-knit as ours.

"Lena, can you transport us all back to the tower?" Avi asks and my eyes widen, the tower is currently being gutted. The strings I have to pull to get all three headquarters under construction has been a bigger nightmare than putting the expose together.

"Um..." I say and she gives me a perplexed look.

"We can just go back to Caspian," I say with a nod as I pick up Aviva making her squeak. I text Orion with my free hand and he appears to grab Hades and Xander. The lights are flicked out and I easily move back to Caspian. Plopping Aviva onto the couch in the living room, I see Click is halfway upside down in an armchair with her laptop balancing precariously in her lap.