CHAPTER 1: How to beat a double-middle finger?

The jeepney* comes into a sudden stop, making my head hit the tripod that I was placing in between my thighs.

*Jeepneys are public transports here in the Philippines, its colorful, rustic in a rusty way and has very limited space.

"Shit!" I groaned, hearing the chuckles of my two friends sitting in front.

"That would leave a mark." Daisy said in an amused tone. She stood up and got out of the jeepney, her pink hair swayed on the back of her neon green backpack as she jumped from the jeepney to the side of the road.

"What are you waiting for? We'll be late!" Daisy said tapping her feet.

Jel hurriedly got out and so did I. The moment our feet touched the ground, Daisy sprinted towards the main gates of our school.

"Stupid cars. Give way you damn bastards!" I said or more like shouted. As Jel and I got stuck in the middle of the road, with the cars always speeding up, not giving way for us to pass.

Surprisingly that didn't stop Daisy, for she easily passed through them and is now waiting at the front of the gate, looking at us with a playful smirk. She's probably the daughter of flash, I'm sure of it.

Five minutes had passed, and I got impatient. As I stared at my tripod, a brilliant idea suddenly came into my not-so-pretty little head.

I swung the tripod like a sword in front of me, then I waved it like a neon stick light, heavier version only. I walked slowly and carefully, taking one step at a time, leaving the safety of the line in the middle of the street.

Feeling like a jedi knight or a street fighter. I hastily waved the tripod in front of the speeding car a few meters ahead, then it slowly stopped. I smiled and declared myself a genius, well for this day only.

"Make a run for it!" I said as I grabbed Jel's hand, who was laughing so hard.

Her hands were not the one that's laughing, hell no! That would be creepy. Laughing hands, laughing hands, you're holding one right now. Mental image cannot be unseen. I shook my head vigorously, trying to erase the image of a laughing hand.

We reached the gates with our heads still intact in our rightful bodies. We slid through the I.D. scanners and made our way to the yellow shuttle buses— which is served as services going around each campus. And yes, this university is pretty damn big, imagine a mountain topped with numerous buildings.

We are now falling in line for the shuttle, when Daisy turned to face me. "That was really epic, running while shaking your head." Daisy said in between laughs.

"Oh, yeah." I paused replaying that moment in my mind.

"Did I look like a crazy lunatic that just got out from the hospital?" I said also laughing. Picturing myself with crazy hair, bloodshot eyes and a damsel in distress on the side. Well, erase the distress because she's laughing.

"You bet you did!" Jel said.

I groaned like a freaking werewolf. "Seriously, how do I look, tho?" I asked the two, who's still laughing. I need to atleast look decent for class, and for the professors to take me seriously.

"You're pretty my dear." Jel said in a weird accent, which I'm not aware that existed. I went along, making my own, which I think sounded like a mixture of British and chipmunk lingo.

"Really darling? Do I look hot with this bird's nest of a hairdo?" I said puffing up my ever so tangled hair.

"I want a McDo daddeey, I don't want a Jollibeeeey." Daisy randomly said, also with a customized accent of her own, making the three of us laugh like a group of crazy hyenas.