-Epilogue (stay)-

Quinn's pov:

The years following the incident were hard, people throwing nasty comments our way or coming forth to overly congratulate me for what I did, it was for Eli and I in the long run, always reminded of what happened that day.

I decided we had enough, the comments getting more frequent after the child was born as she didn't get rid of them, not blaming the baby for its father's doing.

To be honest I hated the baby at first as it was just a reminder of what happened and I had a long talk with Eli to sort things out, she was a bit hurt but understood, lucky now I don't struggle with that anymore.

I had, with my siblings hired builder gotten a small house built up at the cliff as no one but my family would come this far up so we'd be far from the people down below but still on pack territory.

"--and the mean monster was burn in fire so no one would ever be hurt by him, the end." I sad, closing the book with a smile, rolling my eyes as how mom had spun the tale of a war into a children's story book she gifted to me, I needed her help to explain to Eli why I despised the baby for the first years of his life as she kind of felt the same about me because of my own father.

"Another! Another!" The brown haired nine-year-old said. "Please mama." He pleaded, his mother's eyes staring up at me from his bed.

"Sweetie it is late."

"Come oooon." He whines.

"You know what? I'll tell you another one right after you wake up okay? The faster you sleep the faster you wake up."

"Ooooh okay then."

"Good, you silly goose." I booped his nose with my pointer and middle finger.

He rubbed his nose with a smile as I tucked him in.

"Sleep well sweetie." I kicked his head.

"Is Alfy asleep? I thought you'd be stuck up there for much longer."

"Yeah Alfy is sleeping." I said, stepping of the stairs with a smile as Eli looked up from a book. "I promised another story when he'd wake up though."

It took her a while to come to terms with what happened but I was happy she felt good now.

She never did change, despite the trauma she was always trying to make me smile, it was her life goal and I guess she got what she wanted, smiles coming easier on my face when she was happy herself.

"Well you better have one ready then, he will not forget a story promised by his favorite mother." she said as I sat next to her.

"I still don't know how he can love me so much while I refused to look at him for four years."

"He is a kid; He forgives easily."

"I am still a bit ashamed though that I did that."

"It is the past, now all is good." She laid her head on my shoulder and I laid mine of hers.

"Yeah all is good.... Have you bought the birthday cake for tomorrow?"

"SHIT!!" Eli bounced up. "I knew I forgot something!"

"Dear don't worry." I gently flicked her nose. "We'll work something out."

"We always mess up when cooking cakes though."

"Dear as long as we are together nothing can go wrong."

"I..... Right.... Nothing."

"You do love saying you never lie, dare to contradict me." She laughed and lightly shoved me before laying her head on my chest and I hugged her.

"I love you so much you know?"

"I know that Eli."

"I did for the longest times and yet I still fall more in love with you each day that passes."

"I do too."

She smiled and I gave her one too, kissing her forehead, I failed once but I will work twice as hard to keep the promise I made to you the day I found you dear.... Nothing will ever hurt you again... They'll have to go through me first and I am quite a formidable foe if I can say so.