Ms. Lightbulb Princess

POV: Chrissy

I walk down the stairs with a mask on my face. No, it's not that kind of dance, but nobody will know. I will not let them know.

I walk down the stairs, and my dad laughs at me and also cries at the same time. This party is not prom or graduation or anything like that, but he knows I'm not his "baby princess" anymore. But I hope he still see's me as his baby princess anyway. Who has to grow up when we don't have to? Growing up is too much work.

"Ready to go Ms.Lightbulb princess?" Bethany laughs as she curtsies. She looks a little disappointed at my "shoe choice" for it wasn't properly princess party palpable material, but I don't care. If I am going to get fancied up, I am going to be comfortable. Well they don't un-match anyway. She accepts it anyway I can tell because I'm actually going.

"I'm ready if you are my queen," I curtsy back. We laugh and head out to her car to start our night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get to the party, and I was right. I had NO idea who half of the people were. I knew that I had met some of Bethany's cousins before, but most of them must be from other sides of her cousin's family and other friends. Bethany being the social butterfly she is floats around and tries to get me to do the same. I'm not good at these type of games.

I see that Bethany is walking over to her cousin when I spin around and run right into the refreshment table... spilling the punch bowl ALL over my dress. My shoes were fine (thank you not my babies), but I think I was more embarrased than hurt. I notice some are laughing. Including Julie "his friend or whatever", and I get up. Then someone wasn't looking and turned around only to follow in my slipsteps. He looked a little "upset" or tried to. Then he looks startled to see me in front of him... yes it was him.

"You know I think we should stop meeting like this. We are having too much fun "Just Fall"ing in front of each other," I was about to laugh when his brother helps him up. Then he turns around to help me stand.

Julie walks over and as she does she asks him, "you ok bro?"

He puts his arm around her and says, "Yeah I'm all good thanks s.." I didn't hear anymore as I was walking away. I wanted to go home and cry.

I try to find Bethany, but my vision is starting to get a little blurry. My eyes start to feel wet. No I can't do it now. I've already embarrased myself tonight too much already. I will get made of for sure when I go back to school... should I even go back?

"Hey are you ok?" I spin around and he is standing behind me.

"Yeah I'm fine. My dress looks bad now, and I think I will just go home. I'm a little bit tired did you happen to see Betha.." he cut me off. He looked at me then at his outfit. It wasn't what you would call "very fancy" but it wasn't casual. It was sort of a mix in between.

"I am sorry that I nearly bowled you over. Over there," he laughs. He has an amazing smile and his laugh is almost contagious, "hey can I ask you something?"

"Ummm sure," I look around and see Julie start to come over.

"Hey Jewels can I talk to you at home?" he doesn't even turn around, but it's like he knows she is coming up behind her. She jumps on his back and he holds her there. "As you can see, my sister and I couldn't ever be any closer."

I look at him weird,"sister?"

"Oh yeah I don't think many people know, but ok 'step' brother and sister. But blood doesn't make a brother or sister. God makes two joined by having a connection through HIm. My dad married her mom last summer and we couldn't be any closer. Literally," he laughs and I laugh with him. That story raised my hopes a little bit.

"You look cute in a tie dye," she starts to say to me. My dress was ruined, and it almost seems like she is making fun. I can't tell. What before she got 'the guy' and now she'll make fun of my messed up dress?

"What are you going to make fun of my dress now..." I almost slap my own mouth at my words.

"Huh? I was trying to compliment you. It looked like you had a pretty bad fall back there. Are you ok?" she looks at me like she actually cares for the first time.

"Huh..oh.. um yeah. Sorry I snapped. I think I was just jealous of your English things we always do. Sitting in your group all the time makes me jealous," I start to feel guilty for speaking at all.

"Really? You are jealous of ME? I am sorry If you ever feel that because I always feel that about you! When we have that once a month poetry reading that we have to do, I always get jealous of your poetry and how the words just seem to flow. You have a way with words that I had no idea someone could put together until I heard you read them out loud. You are even fast with coming them up. What did the first one you write in only a few short moments when we had to only write a short one. Gees I can't even do that," she explains.

"Really? It's just..." I start to mumble and look down at my shoes.

"Hey I'm sorry girl if i ever make you feel bad. I never really stop to think, and I know that you are amazing. Well I will be back later," she winks at him and I kind of have a feeling she knows she interupted something. She walks over to a few of her friends and leaves me with him.

"Hey NOW can I ask you something?" he chuckles a little nervously.

"Sure," again I look into those amazing eyes that I cannot unsee.

"Would you like to have a playdate with me?" he wants to laugh and I know it.

"A date?" I ask nervously.

"No a PLAYdate."

"What's a PLAYdate?" I ask.

"What?!?! Are you like too cool to know what that is?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Umm I guess not, but what kind of things do highschoolers do on PLAYdates?"

"Say yes and ask your mommy. It will be a surprise!!"

"Fine yes I'll go on a PLAYdate with you," I laugh as he laughs and we both laugh an actual laugh.

"YAY!! Well I guess I will see you next friday... Ms.Lightbulb Princess" he mimicks a little kid asking another kid ACTUALLY for a playdate.

Gees he is so handsome and just too funny! And this play date.. or whatever he is calling it is either going to be REALLY weird or REALLY fun!

OH BOY!!

P.S. Author's Note ~ Hope you like Chrissy's & Bethany's party outfits. If you haven't figured out who's was who's I don't think I could explain anything else... I'm messing with all of you. You guys are the AWESOMEST people ever!! Hope you are enjoying the story. There is more to come!! Let me know what you think!

Peace Out! Love ya guys <3 God's Little Light