Epilogue

Aspen stood a little ways away from the Grimmkin as they took down the main tent and packed things away.  It was odd for Aspen to be giving the orders rather than helping in the effort, but the Grimmkin wouldn't hear against it.  He was the troupe master now...he was in charge of the real world.  He tried to be as nice as he could while still making sure things got done because these were still his family while he was their master.  

     "Master?" Aspen looked at the Grimmkin who had spoken, not large enough to be a Master but not as small as a Novice.  

     "Yes?" Aspen replied.

     "Divine has requested that she stay for a while longer," it said.  Aspen looked towards the witch who was talking to another Grimmkin.  He knew that there was some things he didn't know about Divine and hoped to keep it that way but he had to make a decision as the troupe master now.

     "Did she give a reason?" he asked, not looking back at the Grimmkin.  

     "A vague one," it answered.  "Said something about waiting for someone called Leg Eater to come and see her...but also that the vessel needed to give her something else, first...."  Aspen sighed and adjusted his top hat.  Not really an answer but the best he was going to get.

     "Tell her she can stay," Aspen ordered.  "But she must return as soon as this...Leg Eater shows up for her or if the child returns...we'll send someone after her if the latter happens."  The Grimmkin bowed and hovered off back to Divine, giving Aspen time to sigh and put his face in his palm.  He wasn't quite sure what he expected in becoming the troupe master but had no choice as it is unwise to argue with the Heart.  

     After a few hours, everything was packed up and loaded into the carts and the steeds hooked up to the wagons.  Divine's tent was still up and she waiting outside as the troupe gathered themselves to leave.  Aspen spun on his heel, looking at the inhabitants of Dirtmouth before sweeping them a deep bow, taking off his hat as he did so. 

     "Thank you for being such a wonderful audience for our troupe," Aspen called to them, hiding his eyes in the shadow of his brim.  "Alas, we must journey on to our next destination.  We may return...we don't know when...but you may see us again.  If you do, come and watch our show again and experience entertainment like you have never seen before!"  He snapped his fingers and the carts and troupe vanished in a puff of red smoke, Divine going back into her tent to wait.

     "I thought they'd never leave," Elderbug huffed.  "Good riddance to them...well...most of them, I suppose...."