Chapter 3

The next day at school everyone was joking about the party.

"Izzy's mum crashed the party."

"What a cow of a mum?"

"Funniest party ever!" At least they were talking about my party.

Jess ran over to me gushing about last night.

"Ok, so you know that guy I was in bed with?" I nodded to tired to care. "Well it turns out he is a super cute underwear model!" I shrugged, still bored. This story wasn't going to get interesting until Brandon was involved. Jess rattled on and on as we walked to homeroom. When we got to the white building she giggled.

"Brandon is staring at you." I looked up. Then I saw him duck away into class. He was wearing a black leather jacket, and even from here you could smell his deodorant. "He is so hot Iz, I can't wait until you two go out." I stared her hard in the eyes. How could she be so dumb, didn't she know that he wasn't interested?

I walked into class shrugging off the little black jacket I was wearing and dumping it into my small sling bag. Guys came up and patted me on the back. Girls pointed and laughed at me because of my party. But in a nice way.

But when I sat down a hushed silence fell upon the class. Not a sound, just faces staring at me eagerly as if they wanted something, an explanation. My eyes fell to the smooth wooden desk that didn't have any complications. Why can't I be a table? A narcissistic table?

Class dragged on and on. The clock tortured me by ticking as slow as it could. Tick..................................................... Tock. The silence between the ticks were driving me crazy. I tried to shut it out by blocking my ears. But the sound still crept in. Tick.......................Tock. On and on and on. I pushed myself out of the chair facing the class. I looked at all of their faces for what seemed like hours and then bolted out of the classroom. I had no idea where my legs were taking me. I had nothing, not my bag or food. Nothing. I just ran out of the school gates and sped up. My legs flew faster than they ever had before.

They carried me away until they slowed to a stop. Slowly and carefully I crept up the old branched out tree. The tree had wrinkles running all the way to the top. I kept on climbing, the rough bark cutting my hands. Eventually I reached a smooth part of the tree, a fork. I layed carefully back against the tree, resting my back against the now cold and smooth bark. I closed my eyes hoping to feel the comfort of darkness, but what I found dissapointed me. Blaring light. I tried to shut it out by covering my eyes with my bleeding hands, but this just made my hands sting even more. I eventually just gave up.

It was dark when I woke. My back ached.