Chapter 6

I heard my canvas shoes padding softly along the gym floor. My tank top itched at my skin. My shorts rubbed and pinched. I didn't normally feel this uncomfortable in this outfit. I wore this nearly all the time. It was one of my sexiest outfits. But today I wasn't in the right frame of mind. My insides felt like they were going to break because of my heart pounding and pounding. My head felt like it was about to burst. The sounds from the gym bounced off the walls enclosing me with muffled noises. Then Brandon's eyes looked into mine. I nearly dropped dead

Luckily, I didn't faint. He walked up to me and wrapped his warm arms around me. My heart stopped. His mouth touched my neck briefly trying to let his sexual side get in. Then I fainted.

The blue walls of the sick bay were eerily calm. Then Mrs Fahn's head popped over.

"How are you feeling dear?" I groaned. "Oh you poor thing." Then she hurried off and grabbed an ice pack.

As she layed it on my forehead she said "Lucky for you, Brandon the new boy, was there and caught you. He was really worried about you." I shook my head. The feeling of confusion started to settle into my shaken brain. I didn't understand why Brandon had taken a sudden interest in me. Then I was wondering why I was feeling so weak. Why was I like this?

I walked home. Even though my house is like a couple of kilometres away, my mum was still angry at me, so she didn't pick me up. It just shows how well we care for each other. Not. My eyes rolled over. Why was mum like that? Why does she have to ruin my fun. I sighed. It felt good to release my breath. I started to breathe in and out, in and out. My head started to slow down. My feeling of confusion disappeared. I was my normal narcissistic self again. Brandon was the thing that threw me out of wack. I hate him for it. But I knew I would be drawn back into him again. No, I knew he would be drawn back into me. Because I am so perfect.

My phone buzzd on my bedside table, waking me up. I had a text message from Jess.

I'm pregnant.

Oh my freaking god! She was pregnant to that guy! In my room! My party made a baby! My thinking caused something great to happen!  My fingers flew across my phones keyboard.

Jess congrats! What's the dad's name???

Chad...

Awesome! Good for you Jess.

She didn't answer me back.

At school my head was held up high, I walked into class singing On Top of The World.

Home room was decorate in pictures of different places in the world. Right now, I felt like I could be anywhere whether it was Hungary or Germany and I would still be happy. My head was spinning with delight. Until I looked at the class.

 Everyone stared at me.  It made me feel weird... Like they all hated me. Jess sat in a corner crying with Emily rubbing her back. That confusion feeling came back. 

"What's going on guys?"

Chad, the dad of Jess' baby stood up. He looked angry. "Last night, Jess found out she got pregnant, you said congrats. But do you know how sad that is for her." I shook my head.

"Jess and Chad, it is great that you will now have a baby! I don't see what the problem is?" Jess looked up from her tears and Chad's eyes widened.

"You sadistic person. Don't you see that you only care for yourself? Do you see that you are so stuck up it drives us nuts?" Yet again I shook my head. I can't believe they were saying this. I was perfect. What was their problem?

"I do not see the problem here... It is fantastic, my party made a baby." The kids in the class just shook their heads. It was then I realised, I had sunk to the bottom of the totem pole.

I didn't understand. Jess and Emily were my best friends. They had always trusted me. Well that is what I thought anyway. I also couldn't get why Jess didn't want the baby... She was weird at times but not his weird. I felt the feeling of betrayal sneak in. Perphaps Em and Jess had started this up. Perhaps they wanted payback for something I did. What did I do anyway?

At lunch everyone stared at me. I felt really bad. Then Brandon dared to look at me. I saw his sniggering eyes. He was my boyfriend. Why was he like this? I just couldn't figure it out. My eyes fell to the food on my plate. Burning slimy chicken and a sour orange juice. For everyone else, this seemed to be a luxury. But not for me today.