CH.16 The Gallow

summary: Ranboo gets caught in a crossfire of angst and love as sapnap unravels...

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 10k!

Earlier in kinoko kingdoms...

" so why'd you want me to stay?"

" I'm gonna need help to get through this library" said sapnap

" sapnap why are you being so nice it's weird" I said

" because I at least owe that to you also Karl was supposed to tell you about kinoko but you were busy and Karl has just been different before he was gone"

I was silent and sick of him reminding me what he'd done

"... you know I would've joined you in a heartbeat if you asked, but you didn't"

" quackity I can't go back please just help me find Karl I can't live without him"

" bullshit you have lived without him sapnap and you were fine and I'm sure you'd be fine without me too"

" I LOVE YOU TOO QUACKITY! How many times to I have to goddamn tell you that to make that clear"

I was silent. he's never yelled like that before

" let's just go to the library"

" agreed"

" you have to realize sapnap you guys saved me from everything wrong in my life and you made me for the first time in my goddamn life feel safe"

I said " and then you left.. you left me to be swallowed by all the bad again you made me feel like I was nothing"

He didn't say a word

" listen I know you and Karl probably love me, that's great but how am I supposed to know that when you leave the country I built for us"

We were silent as we walked the rest of the way to the library

" wow... this build is shit" I said

" hey! What the hell"

" the bookshelves are kinda everywhere and I'm not exactly sure what were looking for"

" I'll start down here you start up there"

There were so many books I didn't even know where to start book after book after book. Nothing seemed out of place or weird

" you find anything down there" asked sapnap

" IT'S BEEN FIVE MINUTES"

...

It's been over an hour of searching and still nothing at all just books of education and fighting skills about morally interesting things but nothing that explained where Karl was or why he left. Suddenly I heard something as I was walking over the carpet.

It was small but a very distinct creek. I mean all old floors creeped but this floor was new. I mean they couldn't have built it that long ago three weeks ago they were helping build el rapid the last time I saw them right?. I pulled up the carpet and looked underneath. Sure enough it was something. To the left of the mushroom on the floor beneath the carpet laid a hatch or trapdoor. Either way the matches were evident and I knew it couldn't be a coincidence.

" sapnap..." I called

" yeah"

" I think I found it"

" wait what?!" He said before I heard his footsteps run down the stares and over to me

" is that?"