Part 1

Ethel saw a golden horse with a silver mane; braided and adorned by the rarest jewels run swiftly towards her, without making a sound, as if it were part of the summer breeze. Once it came towards her, the horse halted and bowed down, dazzling and surprising her by its beauty. I wander where she comes from, she thought. Perhaps she is a gift from the gods. She felt the urge to ride this fair beast as if someone was ordering her to, so she went towards the horse and caressed its face with the palm of her injured hand. The softness of its skin tickled her palm, and caused the wound to seal itself .She became baffled and examined her palm closely, to see if any trace of the wound was left. There was none. Definitely a gift from the gods she said. She caressed it more, breathing in its sweet earthy scent and enjoying its softness. Suddenly, she saw a group of riders in the distance coming towards them, so she knew it was time to go. Once she was seated, the horse galloped at full pace becoming one with the wind and the two entered the thick forest. She saw the riders follow them, holding bows in their hands. That is when the shower began upon them, however the ancient trees of the forest and her flexibility helped her to avoid the arrows. Unfortunately, one arrow struck her arm and caused her to cry out in pain. She didn’t wish to hurt anyone until now. Once she took out the arrow from her bleeding arm, she quickly took her bow, carved from the strongest oak and etched with stars, and an arrow from her back. A family heirloom the bow was, and her father’s pride when she wielded it masterfully. She took her mark and allowed the arrow to dance with the wind until it bowed down when it reached its mark. One of the closest rider’s fell down from his horse and tumbled on the grassy ground. His horse followed him. One down, a dozen to go she thought. She fired her arrows one by one until none was left with her and when all were waiting to be engulfed by the earth, except for one rider who still pursued them… She turned forward and took her blade from it sheath. The silver blade, still coated with crimson blood, glittered under the sunlight. Fresh from the bloodbath of” Dol Moreh” she thought. I will avenge my family’s death and honor my ancestors with this blade by reclaiming my homeland, after I kill this bastard that is, she whispered to herself. She jumped off the horse and swiftly landed on the ground, her hands feeling the roughness of the grass and the roots of the trees. The horse stopped galloping forward and turned back to its master. When it knew what was about to happen, it stayed rooted to its place. She walked towards the rider flaunting her golden armor, forged in the fires of bloodthirsty dragons, and carved by the creators upon it the symbol of her people. It was an intimidating phoenix surrounded by a circle of flames, while her tattered cloak, sewn from its feathers flowed with the wind. She even allowed her fiery red hair to burn bright red with flames, to scare her opponent .The rider too halted and came down from his horse with a blade in his hand. He stood tall and proud in front of her revealing the symbol of a large disfigured snake on his grey male. His hair was pitch black, and was releasing black fumes. She gave a sly smile knowing that her arrow had disfigured that hideous symbol lying mute on his chest. No words needed to be said, for the silence was more than enough to change the aura of the place. They both let out a battle cry and lunged on each other, engaging in a dance till death. She managed to block every blow inflicted on her by the blade and silently admitted her opponent’s strength.” You will die beneath my feet you scum”, she cursed. “Not before you Lost Princess”. This statement roused her anger more and made her fight back harder. She took out a knife from her belt and stabbed his knee with it while she managed to block his attack in time. He cringed in pain but did not allow her to savor it, for he blocked the next blow with his blade. She admired his perseverance, but knew her skill was better. She stroke again and again repeatedly while uttering words long forgotten: “Fire of the sword aid me… Ancestors her my plea”. The blade suddenly started to burn and with one strike, it broke his blade and transformed it into ash. He was startled and grieved upon losing his father’s sword, but he didn’t surrender. He held his fuming hair in his hands and took a fuming sword from it; however, as he was about to strike his panting opponent, she stroke him in the chest, breaking the mail and piercing his heart. He fell down with a cry and lay motionless on the ground. She too fell, not from exhaustion, but from the arrow that wounded her arm for it was poisoned. At least I fulfilled one of their wishes she thought, as she closed her eyes and welcomed darkness. The horse, who had witnessed everything from the first click of metal until its master’s fall, quickly trotted towards her, and licked her wound gently. After a few moments, the poison seeped through her arm creating a black pool beneath her, while the wound sealed. The horse licked her face until she gained consciousness and patted the horse’s head. She looked at her surroundings and asked,” Where am I?”  “The Forests of Maray”, she heard a voice said. She suddenly got up, took hold of her blade quickly and looked around “Who goes there?” A wisp appeared in front of her and transformed into a young girl with translucent wings, slightly bent inwards and wearing a dress made of autumn leaves and sweet flower petals. She recognized Drina and let out a sigh, “What took you so long?” Drina smiled at the young princess and answered” I was waiting for you to take care of your business. Now that I see you have, let us get out of here.”
Ethel mounted her horse and the two moved forward. They needed to reach the lake of the Moon before the ceremony of the new king began. The attendants were in for a surprise thought Ethel. She could not wait to see them all gasp when the supposedly “dead” princess returned from the grave.

MT~22-2-2015

A/N: I was listening to some epic fantasy music, and I came up with this... it will be a short... Hopefully the second part will be up tomorrow... The true reason that I wrote here is to work on my descriptions for battles and such( I know this battle scene is sh*t but I'm working to perfect it). Any thought or comment is welcome :) Constructive critisism is welcome, cause I want to improve, and I need your help :)) Thank you in advance:))