Chapter 2

"I want to be human."

"Wait, kid, what are you saying?"

"I want to be human." Sock was sitting in front of his boss's desk. He remembered how three years ago he had sat in that same spot, eager to kill. He was assigned to his human counterpart then, also. But now, he was asking a favor. But Mesisopheles wasn't understanding why.

"Sowachowski, listen, I know you like the guy but I can't turn you human just because-"

"I'll do anything, I'll give up anything."

Mesisopheles thought for a moment. "Fine, I'll give you a week, and if you can get Jonathan to share the same feelings for you that you have for him, then you stay human. But if you can't, I'll have a torturing chamber ready."

Sock nodded excitedly. His plan was working out perfectly. That Saturday, Jonathan was having prom and Sock said that he would promise Jonathan a date. No matter what. Every girl sock would try to hook Jonathan up with, was either a total bitch or already had a date. So when he found that Jonathan was...well gay he tried with boys, didn't work. So when Sock asked Jonathan a couple questions the night before he got this idea.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey, chin up Jonathan." Sock said to the depressed 18 year old. "Someone's bound to ask you to the prom."

"No they wouldn't." Jonathan replied sadly.

"I would." Sock said, hiding his blush. "If I was human, would you say yes?"

Jonathan pondered this sudden question. "Maybe."

"If I asked you to be my boyfriend, would you say yes?"

"Maybe."

*BACK TO THE PRESENT*

That left Sock here. As he ran home, happy to be human once again, he got all his money. Then he called a taxi and went back to Echo Creek. Thanks to Mesisopheles he already had a place for Sock to live and he was enrolled to high school, Jonathan's high school to be exact. Sock was going to ask Jonathan to the prom. 'I hope he doesn't reject me.' Sock was so scared.

But he was getting a large surprise the next day.

(AN: I SHALL UPDATE TOMORROW IF MY SISTER REMINDS ME)