Miss Terious

Misty's POV

I sat on the couch, staring at the TV. Multiple pictures of One Direction were on it which was no surprise. That little innocent boy that I know so well.... I sighed and lightly tossed the TV remote to the side dejectedly.

Life as Miss Terious is amazing but it's not an easy job. I've been hiding my true identity for pretty much my entire life. I even had to change my look in case one of my old classmates or something recognized me and told someone. So now, I have to wear brown eye contacts and straighten my hair wherever I go. And if I get really tired of all the long working days, I just get rid of the brown eye contacts so that I have teal eyes and curly brown hair. I also have to use fake tan and have a fake name, Ashlee Poftee. But it's risky so I almost never do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really grateful for my job but I just wish that I could have a day where people can call me Misty and treat me like a normal young adult. Not much people know about me. Actually, no on in this world know my true identity. They just know me as Miss Terious, age 20. My mum obviously knows and my dad died before I was born.

There's one boy who knows a bit of the real me. Louis Tomlinson. I've interacted with him so many times in his life but he was rarely aware of those meetings. And I hope it stays that way for much longer or even better, forever.

"Misty?" My manager, Ashlee called. Ash knows my secret. I trust her with my life and because she's my manager and the best friend a girl could ever ask for. And I named my fake name after her too because I love her just that much. She is the nicest person ever unless you take her candy. Then she becomes the definition of evil. And trust me, you do NOT want to see that side of her.

"In here!" I said loudly. Soon, the door to the hotel living room opened and in walked Ash. 

"What's up Ash?" I asked as I crossed my legs on the couch and leaned back. I quickly shut off the TV and tried to look innocent.

"Well as you know, you have a concert tonight." She said then looked at me. I nodded "It's going to be at the Air Canada Centre and I have a surprise guest booked or you."

I suddenly sat up. "Who?"

"Not telling you. Hence the 'surprise' part." Ash said. I rolled my eyes.

"Way to get me curious." I pouted. Ash stuck her tongue out at me.

"You love me really."

I snorted. "Oh please. In your dreams."

Ash smirked. "Not gonna happen. Why would I dream about you?" She said disgustedly. I scoffed.

"Why wouldn't you? I'm stunning." I said sassily. She rolled her eyes at me.

We always joke around and have little banters like this which I am really grateful for. It helps me relax and gets my mind off some things like my mum. I really miss her. I only get to call or Skype her a few times a week which isn't enough.

"Right. Back to the schedule. Today is October 24th. And like I said, you will be performing tonight at the ACC with.. The surprise guest , then get a good night's sleep because tomorrow, we will leaving to New York for the Jingle Ball which will be in December. At NY, you could have a small break but you still have to work on promoting your album. At the end, you will join in on all the performers and sing a song. I think it's 'White Christmas'."

"I"m performing at the Jingle Ball?!" I asked in disbelief. Performing at the Jingle Ball would be everything I've wished for. It had been one of my biggest dreams when the through of becoming a singer sprouted in my mind when I was 6. I had always dreamed of performing at all the famous stadiums and shows.