UNTIL YOU

Three weeks before Taekwondo World Championship.

Corea,  
King's office, Royal Palace
11 am

"Adeul, as you know, I have decided that your fiancé can still join the tournament."
King Young Ho is sitting on his chair in his office. He sips his hot ginger tea and puts his cellphone on the table. He is busy reading all the daily reports from his ministers.
He speaks again without looking at his son, 

"With some conditions, of course. The special palace team will pick her up in Beijing, and your fiancé will stay at the palace during the tournament. No haggling. Arasseo?" King Young Ho glances slightly at his son.

Prince Mino is sitting far across from the King, sipping his hot tea as well. He came around an hour ago to meet his busy father. Prince Mino knows so well that he cannot intervene with the King when the daily reports are coming. He waits patiently, as usual. And now, he finally has the chance to say something. 

"Pardon, Pyeha... Did you say, my fiancé?"
"Ye... Your fiancé, Lady Gon. Don't pretend to forget!"
"Ah... I believe she is not my fiancé anymore. In fact, she has never been my fiancé."
Prince Mino stares at his father defiantly when the King glares sharply at him.
Although Prince Mino feels excited about what his father had just said, the word 'fiancé' still makes him uncomfortable. He hates the idea of an arranged marriage whatsoever.  

"Who said so?"
King Young Ho's tone changed when he hears Prince Mino's harsh words. His face hardened as he stares intently at his son. Prince Mino puts his cup down slowly and sighs. 

"I just said it, Pyeha." Prince Mino replies calmly. He knows what is coming next.
"You said so. Who do you think you are, Adeul?" King Young Ho's calm voice is deadly. 

Silence.

"Let me tell you once and for all. Something you know nothing about. It's my order as your father, mostly as your King." King Young Ho puts his glasses gently on the table and stands up from his chair to walk towards his son.

Prince Mino straightly stands up and bows solemnly at his father, the King. 
Prince Mino has no will to argue, let alone fight with his father today. There are too many important things that he has to discuss with his father. He won't spoil the mood just because of his ego. 
He has promised himself to control his heart the best he can.

The father and the son are standing face to face now. They both are tall and slender. Prince Mino is about 6,1 feet in height and is taller than his father.

"Ye, Pyeha. Forgive my ignorance." Prince Mino says firmly as he bends his head politely. 
"Your ignorance makes you live aimlessly. What is the purpose of your life, O son of my crown?"
King Young Ho says softly, with courteous yet sharp words that pierce the heart. 

Prince Mino is speechless, hearing his father's words. He knows that he has been too careless and indifferent with his life as a crown prince in his father's eyes. The King always thinks that Prince Mino never put himself as the future King who has so much duty on his shoulders, especially regarding his love life. 

"I beg for your mercy, Pyeha."
"Mercy? Don't I always give my mercy upon you?"
Prince Mino swallows hard, and he doesn't dare to look at his father's dark and sharp eyes.
His gaze falls to the floor.

"Ye, Pyeha. Always. For that, I don't stop feeling grateful. My deep and sincere gratitude for your kindness, Pyeha." He says softly.
"My mercy is granted only if you run my order and request on this one, son."
"Ye, Pyeha. I will try to do my best."
"Good. Starting today, there will be no more debate about your engagement with Lady Gon. And you can never break this engagement whatsoever!"
His voice is authoritative and indisputable.
Prince Mino sighs deeply and carefully says,