He Arrives

• Dedicated to Lindsey Parsons

As I looked at myself in the long, full-length mirror that hung on the back of my bathroom door, I noticed that I do, in fact, resemble him. The way my hair parts naturally down the middle of my head and hangs down to my shoulders in greasy locks. This is just one of the many characteristics we have in common. It's odd how you can look so much like a relative, and at the same time look nothing like your parents. My pale, freckle-less complexion and tall, lanky, and almost stick-like figure are constant reminders of that. I leaned in closer to look at my long, hook-ish nose. I've been told that I have the Prince Family Nose, just like my Uncle Severus.

Severus Snape is my father's older brother. Uncle Severus had inherited all of the "Prince Family Traits", where, on the other hand, my father had not. Then I came along and was "oh-so-lucky" enough to be born with the looks of a true member of the Prince family.

My dark eyes scanned the room and noticed my trunk across the way, filled with all of my worldly possessions and a couple of changes of clothes. It was hard to believe that it would be sitting in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry later that day. I only had to wait for my Uncle Severus to arrive.

It was decided three days before that Severus would become my legal guardian. Two days before that verdict was made, my father died in an accident involving illegal dark magic. My mother had been dead many years before that; so many that I can not recall anything about her. When the Ministry of Magic heard of my father's death, they were faced with two problems: 1. The case of my father's death and 2. What to do with me. I am an only child so I had no older siblings to care for me. With Severus being my next-of-kin, they contacted him to see if he would take me in. He agreed and then I was told to pack up my things.

I suppose that I should have been excited since Hogwarts is one of the most famous schools in the Wizarding World, but to tell the truth, I was a little nervous. Even though Severus Snape is my uncle, we had never met. Throughout the years he communicated with my father by owls, but never in person. His job as a Potions Professor kept him quite busy.

As I was looking at myself in the bathroom, a popping sound followed by a loud thud echoed from the family room. I quickly ran towards the source of the commotion so fast that I failed to realize the coffee table. Flipping over it, I landed flat on my back. Standing in front of the fireplace, I saw a pale figure with long, greasy, black hair. His dark eyes, which were much like mine, were staring down at me over his long hook-like nose. He was draped in flowing black robes and he had his arms crossed over his chest; his lips were set in a straight line. This, I realized it was my uncle, Severus Snape.