Chapter Ten

Daenerys looks around her chamber. She lifts every pillow, carpet, and object she can see. No luck. She doesn't even know what exactly she's looking for. A moonstone? What is that supposed to look like?

She takes a seat. She looks back at the flower. Klaus? No. How could she love someone like Klaus Mikaelson? He's a monster... Her mind shifts to think about Elijah. He's charming, caring, and nothing like Klaus.

Finally, her mind drifts to Jon Snow. He's the second man she ever loved and still, she let him die. Now what is she doing? Looking for an ancient rock that she knows nothing of that will somehow magically break an ancient curse? Foolishness. She decides to focus on her kingdoms. She needs the lords' support. She gets up and throws the flower out of the window.

Daenerys strides towards the small council chambers, accompanied by Ser Jorah. "Gather the small council," she tells him. He nods and branches off. The queen continues on her way.

None of the council members had arrived yet. Daenerys takes her place at the table. She looks at the time. It has only been five minutes since she called the meeting. The others were probably just getting the word. She needs to take care of the lords quickly as Winterfell was waiting.

Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei arrive first. Then Varys and Maester Cyrus. Yara Greyjoy was the Master of Ships but she was busy uniting the Iron Islands after Euron Greyjoy had taken over. When everyone arrived, the Queen stood and began.

(whoops plothole !! euron is dead now  lol)

"The Lords of Westeros still haven't bent the knee yet. They need to respect their new queen," she explains. "We need their armies to fight the dead as well. The Night Army already has control of half the north. There's only so much time until they reach Winterfell." She turns to the maester. "Has there been any news since the last raven?" He shakes his head. Daenerys looks down, trying to think of their next move. "I want them to swear fealty within a fortnight," she says.

Tyrion sits up. "How do you suppose we do that?" he asks.

"You're the clever one," Daenerys counters. She thinks for a moment trying to relay everything she has. "What of Cersei?" she proposes. "Cersei Lannister was their former queen. She currently rots in our dungeons."

"You don't propose..." Tyrion starts, thinking of the worse. While Cersei has committed unspeakable crimes against the city, and Tyrion himself, he does not want to see her dead. "Your Grace, what kind of message will that send? That you will kill anyone who opposes you?"

"That I am their Queen and they will respect that," Daenerys says. She understands Tyrion's conflict between his family and his duty but she needs her Hand to support her.

"Please your Grace, let her start a new life Pentos where she won't be any threat to you or Westeros."

"Yes, and she will grow powerful there as I did and then attack King's Landing."

"She will not. She doesn't have what you have. She will live a simple life there. I will make sure of it."

"And how will you do that? Will you be accompanying your sister?"

"My brother can. I will become Lord of Casterly Rock and then they will live out their days far far away from here."

"Your brother is very lucky I didn't arrest him when I took to King's Landing. I granted him mercy as you asked. But a Westerosi knight and a foreign queen in Essos? Seem familiar?" She looks at Jorah for backing, then turns back to Tyrion. "I will hear no more of it. Cersei Lannister will die. It's the only way to send a clear message."

"Fear is the only thing Cersei ever had. Show her mercy and you will show the Lords that you are not Cersei Lannister."

The Queen glares at Tyrion. "Cersei dies."