Jessica and David

David: "Thanks."

I just smiled.

Me: "Lets get to work."

David: "Okaaay. What other homework do you have?"

Me: "Just chemistry."

David: "Okay, I don't have anymore homework so I'm going to go and get us some food."

Me: "Okay. Do you want me to come with you?"

David: "No, its good. Just do your homework."

Me: "Okay."

He walked over to the door and walked out.

I got out my chemistry homework. I only had a couple of problems so I finish those quick. Then I heard him coming up the stairs. He came through the door with two string cheeses, two granola bars,two of the little bags of Doritos, two sodas, two slices of pizza, and two fruit roll ups.

Me: "Whoa, I would think you were feeding a football team." I joked

David: "I don't know what you like, so I brought every snack we have."

Me: "Well how thoughtful."

David: "I know. Aren't I charming?"

Me: "Very."

He walked over to the bed and set everything down. He ushered for me to grab what I wanted. I grabbed a string cheese, a bag of Doritos and a soda. He grabbed one of everything and pushed the rest toward me.

David: "The rest can be for later."

I nodded and opened my string cheese. I took a sliver of it. I looked up at him and he was taking bites of his string cheese. I smiled.

Me: "You know its called stringed cheese for a reason."

David: "Yeah but then it takes too long to eat. So I just take bites."

Me: "True."

I took a bite of my string cheese.

David: "See? isn't it good to break the rules sometimes?"

Me: "Ha ha. Yeah, it is good to break the rules sometimes. Even if it is about food."

We laughed for a while. When we sobered up he asked

David: "You finish your homework?"

Me: "Yeah."

David: "You want to go somewhere?"

Me: "Sure where?"

David: "Park?"

Me: "Sure."

I packed up my things and put them in my bag.

David: "Done?"

Me: "Yeah lets go."

We walked down the stairs hand in hand. He opened the front door for me. He had to get his key off the counter. I waited on the porch while he went to go get it. He came back out and locked the door. He grabbed my hand again and we headed to the park. We made small talk on the way, mostly talking about family and school.

When we got there we walked to the other side of the park to where a trail was. We walked down the trail and turned around when it started getting dark.I looked at my phone and it was only seven. 'Why is it dark this early?' I thought. He walked me home and when we were by the path that lead up to my house he pulled me close to him and kissed me. We kissed for a while and then said goodnight. I walked up to my porch and turned around to wave at him he waved back. I walked into my house and went into the living room to watch t.v.

Me: "Mom,Dad?"

No answer.

'Mmmm...they must be out.' I thought. I shrugged and flopped down on the couch.