00「reticence」

"Again,

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Again,

congratulations are in order to Shiratorizawa Academy, our national high school volleyball champions!"

"You know, there are quite a few interesting things about this outcome."

"Oh? Please enlighten our audience watching from their homes."

"Well, this was not an ordinary year for the Miyagi Prefecture representatives."

"Ah, that's true-"

"-We had expected to see on the boys' and girls' sides Shiratorizawa Academy and Niiyama Girls' High School, respectively."

"Yes, yes. As I recall, competing to represent the boys, Shiratorizawa Academy was dismissed in a surprising upset by Karasuno High School."

"That's right. Though, the academy still managed to make it to nationals in some way, as is evident from the final results."

"Yes, yes. Except, Shiratorizawa Academy's girls' team has not been considerably special in recent years- what changed this time?"

"A good guess has to do with their captain for this year's roster, Yamaoka (Y/N)."

"That is a good guess, Uenoyama-san. What is there that undecided fans of Yamaoka should know?"

"If it wasn't evident by the outcome of the finals, there is a certain and substantial amount of skill about her that the Shiratorizawa Academy's girls' team has perhaps been lacking for a long time. As if her power and technical skill weren't enough to inspire us, she seemed to have a great deal of influence in strategizing on hand with their coach."

"Well, whether Shiratorizawa Academy had a stroke of luck this year or the captainship has finally fallen into the right hands, there is no questioning that Yamaoka was the one to lead them to greatness today."

"It is likely the second idea, Hirose-san."

"Yes, yes. Still, it is surprising that their boys' team did not proceed to nationals at all. Perhaps it was a stroke of luck for their girls' team to make it this far- maybe the girls' teams were just not very strong this year?"

"... That is not necessarily the case. The upset by Karasuno High School boys' team was certainly unexpected. Furthermore, the girls' candidates for each prefecture proved just as challenging as those in the boys'. In fact, there were some instances in which the nationals victory might have easily been yanked from Shiratorizawa Academy. Take, for example, the semi-final match against Mazuatsu High School."

"In regular circumstances, perhaps the Shiratorizawa Academy boys' team would have made it to nationals."

"... If you are so set on your belief that the boys' team deserves more praise than the girls' team by means of skill alone, let us compare statistics between Shiratorizawa Academy's captains, Ushijima Wakatoshi and Yamaoka (Y/N)."