Chapter 8

^^^^pic of Rowdy's 1970 Hemi Cuda

As the days passed by they settled into a routine. Allison seemed a little withdrawn but he just assumed it was because of the wedding stuff she'd been busy doing. She looked so tired so he decided to cook dinner tonight.

"I have to run some errands Ro.  I'll fix dinner when I get back."She said sounding even more tired then she looked. "Don't forget to let Bruno in before it rains. He's enjoying playing with the neighbors great dane pup right now. " She sighed as she put a small notebook in her purse and grabbed his keys.

"You alright Al? " He asked as he stepped forward and cupped her face making her look up to him. "Is there anything going on that you need to talk about?" He studied her face as he asked her quietly.

"No I'm fine, I guess I didn't get much sleep last night. I'll be fine really." She stood on tip toe and kissed his cheek when he leaned down to her. "I'll be back in about two hours, so you just rest and enjoy the quiet." She sighed and with a forced smile she was gone.

He stood there completely confused about his friend. He knew something was going on with her but for some reason she was shutting him out.

After a full minute of standing there staring at the door he turned and headed for the kitchen. It took him no time at all for him to figure out what to make for dinner. He was going to suprise her and make her favorite meal. He smiled to himself as he started to gather the ingredients.

Allison braced her head in her hands and rubbed her temples. "For the hundredth time this is supposed to have red and white roses with babies breath with red and white ribbons cascading down. Now if you can't manage this then I can find another florist that can manage it." She all but screamed as she slapped her hands against the counter top and glared at the young woman behind the counter. 

She didn't even like roses but Matt had insisted on them. She would have preferred  lilies of any kind but this is what she got.

"I'm so sorry Miss. Burns. We will fix this immediately and have it ready by tomorrow morning for your approval. " The girl said quickly.

Allison leaned over the counter and glared at the girl. "You'd better because if it's not fixed by morning I will take my business elsewhere. " She turned on her heels and left the shop. She threw herself into Rowdy's car and leaned her head back squeezing her eyes tightly shut. She felt tears of frustration coming on and willed herself not to cry as she headed home.

Nothing in this wedding was what she wanted. Not the colors or the dress or even the cake choice. She was really wondering why she was stressing herself over these choices when she didn't want any of them. She was even beginning to wonder if she was doing the right thing at all. She sighed heavily as she pulled in her drive.

She was exhausted from the day and just wanted a hot bath and a big glass of wine. She looked at the house and told herself she would do just that. Her head dropped back as she groaned. She would do just that after she finished with supper and the dishes and the load of laundry she had to do still. Oh and don't forget Brunos walk. "When does it all end?" She sighed the question out loud to herself.

She stayed there for a few moments trying to clear her thoughts. She was so deep in thought that she didn't see Rowdy come out. When he knocked on the window she jumped and squealed. Her hand flew to her chest as she glared at his grinning face and opened the door.

"Dammit Rowdy are you trying to scare me to death?"She said harshly but a smile spread across her face.

"No mam." He piped rocking back on his heels. " I just got worried when I heard you pull in and ten minutes later you still weren't inside."