Chapter 3

^^^^pic of Allison

Allison walked in the door and glared at Rowdy. "Really?" She barked. She had been avoiding being alone with him since the kiss a few days ago. He had called her earlier and said he needed her to fill in for Keith the bartender because he had a family emergency and Seth was out of town and Mike needed a break because he'd been filling in for Seth.

Now here she stood glaring at Rowdy because he'd promised someone else would be there. She glanced around the bar again and still saw no one.

"Is it really that bad to be alone with me Al?" He said sounding kind of hurt. She paused for a second and had the urge to hug him but smothered that feeling quickly.

"It's not the with you part Rowdy. I love being with you we have been together since we were kids." She sighed as she walked around the bar and opened the office door. She dropped her purse to the side of the door and quickly shut it before facing him. " It's the alone part that has me concerned." She was focused and searching his face trying to see if he understood what she was saying. She saw a flash of hurt in his eyes before it vanished and she sighed again and dug her fingers in her hair. "Rowdy I. .." She was cut off by him.

"Don't Al...just don't. It's not a big deal anymore and I agree it shouldn't have happened." He looked away and started to empty the boxes in front of him keeping his eyes focused on the task at hand instead of her. "It shouldn't have happened that he was the one to propose to you. You deserve so much better then him Al. He's a cheating ,lying, lowlife son of a bitch that needs to be beat down for the way he treats you.' He sighed as he tossed down the towel he had been using as he started to walk past her. "It was a huge mistake and we got caught up in the moment. I mean you're like my sister so that would be wrong. Any way I needed help and you were the only other one I could ask. So thanks." He said gruffly as he quickly glanced at her. "I have some work to do in the office so if you could take over here..." He trailed off when she nodded weakly.

"Yeah sure Rowdy. No problem." She stood still as he walked past her and she noticed that he didn't even look her way. She felt hurt but couldn't understand why when she wanted him to stay away from her. His reaction still hurt and she didn't like it at all. She turned to stock the shelves and saw a movement out the corner of her eye. Her head whipped around and she sighed in relief to see Ace sitting in his spot at the bar.

Her hand flew to her heart as she closed her eyes. "Jeez Ace don't do that to me!" She said breathlessly as she let a small chuckle escape.

t

"Sorry slim wasn't my intention to scare you. Just thought it was safe to come out." He said with a casual wink as one side of his mouth lifted at her expression.

He lifted the drink in front of him and used it to indicate the closed office door. "What did he go and do this time?"

She looked away and finished her task before she answered him. "Nothing." She sighed as she placed the last bottle on the shelf and let her hand slowly slide down the label before continuing. "Just being good old Rowdy. You know how he is." She said nonchalantly as she broke down the empty boxes. She set them aside and was going to take them out later and grabbed a rag to wipe down the bar.

She saw Ace nod but there was a knowing look in his eyes. They were quiet for a bit before he broke the silence. "So how's the wedding planning going?" He sighed quietly when he saw her face drop. He knew she thought Matt was cheating on her but he never said anything to her because she had to make the decision herself. He didn't want her to go through with the wedding and had said so but then he dropped it.